Chef's table

susan1957

I did Chef's Table on the Carnival Miracle last week and it was the highlight of the cruise for me. I only recall one dish with raw meat. It was one of the four canapes (raw fish), plus there were seven courses after that. Even if you skipped that one canape it would still be a totally great experience. But I have heard that they work hard to accommodate allergies and food preferences so just do it!

Just did it for the first time. It was an amazing three plus hours experience.

Tried things I've never heard of. Not to worry if there's something you don't care for. I don't know anyone who could possibly eat all of the food.

I started eating raw beef at my mother's knee. She used to cut off small pieces of steak for us while cooking dinner and I thank her to this day. If it turns your stomach just skip that dish.

The brioche was life altering. The lower level of the duck entree was one of the best things I have EVER eaten. The chocolate mousse was totally irresistible even though I was uncomfortably stuffed by then.

It was an amazing evening. The only thing that will keep me frim booking it again is the price, and the closer we get to our next cruise the more I may retgink that.

I would love to try this...but I was looking at the menu....I don't eat tartar...actually I don't eat ANYTHING raw....some of the food names, I don't know what they are! LOL

They will substitute things that you are allergic to or really have an aversion to - I don't like salmon so on one cruise they used tuna in my appetizer and on a recent cruise they used tofu - a first for me and it was wonderful. It is an occasion to try new things and be adventurous. If you don't like to do that, then use your extra $ for a trip to the steakhouse which is awesome as well.

I just did the Chef's Table. I also don't usually ear anything raw. My husband has been trying to get me to for years, but I never would. I went to the Chef's Table knowing a few of the appetizers had raw meat...and you know what? One of them was my favorite of the night!! Just try it, you might like it....plus there is so much other food to eat. The raw dishes are just 2 apps.