Specific Info re: NCL STAR

DrVal

Hi NCL fans,

We're hoping you can answer some specific questions about STAR cabins and layout.

1) Has anyone stayed in a BE Balcony? Can you fit two chairs and two people comfortably? Any pros or cons to that particular cabin level choice?

2) I noticed from the brochure photos that some balconies (near the front) have metal surrounding them while others seem to have glass or a less "boxy" look -- has anyone been in either a "glassy" or "boxy" balcony room and can you explain the difference?

and finally,

3) If we decide on a G obstructed stateroom -- any idea how to find out how much of the view is obstructed for a particular cabin? We've spoken with NCL reps. who tell us that the computer lists all the G's at 90% obstructed, because it was easier to just pick a % than to calculate actual values.

Any help or info would be greatly appreciated! :)

Hi NCL fans,

We're hoping you can answer some specific questions about STAR cabins and layout.

1) Has anyone stayed in a BE Balcony? Can you fit two chairs and two people comfortably? Any pros or cons to that particular cabin level choice?

2) I noticed from the brochure photos that some balconies (near the front) have metal surrounding them while others seem to have glass or a less "boxy" look -- has anyone been in either a "glassy" or "boxy" balcony room and can you explain the difference?

and finally,

3) If we decide on a G obstructed stateroom -- any idea how to find out how much of the view is obstructed for a particular cabin? We've spoken with NCL reps. who tell us that the computer lists all the G's at 90% obstructed, because it was easier to just pick a % than to calculate actual values.

Any help or info would be greatly appreciated! :)

The cabins in the "bow" are called hull cabins and have metal for safety. You will have no view when you sit (except of the sky)

There is room on the bal. for 2 with comfort if you sit on a slight angle.

If it says obstructed.........it is obstructed.........go with fully obstructed and you won`t be disappointed.

BTW........I like the Dawn better then the Star.

Hope this helps.

Here's a picture that shows the "hulled" balcony cabins along with the regular type. I heard comments that the "hulled" type are much darker inside the cabin.

That is very true........that would be a deal breaker for me. Dark rooms depress me:(

DrVal,

I haven't sailed on the Star, but have sailed 3 times on the Dawn, her sister ship. The cost going of a BE to a BB is only about $100 per cabin. I would book a BB in the mid-section of the ship. You might even get a good deal for a BA. You can pick your cabin, I think a BE is GTY and they assign the cabin to you.

Happy Sailing,

Monty

Thanks again everyone for the helpful advice.

Monty: you're right!, we were considering a BE gty, and have now ruled that out thanks to the advice here. A balcony with no view would definitely be a disappointment. :(

We still are not clear about the G cabins :confused: . Does anyone know the difference between obstructed and fully obstructed?!? None of the NCL reps. mentioned anything about that.

Thanks again for taking the time to help... it's really appreciated! ;)

Archived