Allure - Live August 28th to September 4th - Changes in Latitude Change my Attitude

A&L_Ont

This message was waiting for us in our cabin tonight.

00dc42bd51bcbe0b5a01c2e1273ec101.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

If that includes the 18% then a good deal. Also like that you can buy multiples at once. A good way to buy a couple of rounds for friends - since you can't do that with a package.

I keep earing people who really enjoy HH as their go to place on St Maarten. One of these days we may just have to try it. The jet ski rental sounds like a good deal to me, and I would love to be able to just ride on our own without aving to followa tour guide. DH and I would each need our own jet ski though since neither one of us would want to be the passenger. :D

Busy day today, will have to check out your scopes tomorrow.

I joked about diamonds international taking on all of the waterfront at Saint Maarten. I might have been more right than I knew.

The bar that used to be right by the pier is now gone and I asked a local what they're doing there. He said Diamonds International has bought it and is expanding. The bar has been torn down.

That's sad. :( The bar held a special memory for me. DH and I rode a motorcycle (in the pouring rain at points) on our Engagement Cruise, we bought our wedding rings (yes, at D.I. :eek:) then sat at that bar for quite a while. So sad it won't be there the next time I manage to get there.

Glad you are having a fantastic cruise!

Hey Andrew. Looks like a great cruise so far.

Curious - If you've been to Nachi Cocum on Cozumel, how would you compare it to Holland House?

I've been to St Maarten half a dozen times and always looking for new things and places.

Sorry Matt, I missed your question last night. I just saw it now. Yes we have been to Nachi and we love the place. Nachi is all inclusive and HH isn't that than the original entrance fee with a few drinks.

Nachi is like going to your "Uncle's" place and HH is kind of like going to a country club. At HH they have uniforms and great service at the restaurant. We were dining in swimsuits and local business men were dressed for meetings. They welcome all and do a good job of it.

That's sad. :( The bar held a special memory for me. DH and I rode a motorcycle (in the pouring rain at points) on our Engagement Cruise, we bought our wedding rings (yes, at D.I. :eek:) then sat at that bar for quite a while. So sad it won't be there the next time I manage to get there.

Glad you are having a fantastic cruise!

I never went into the main bar but I almost always got a drink at the little bar attached to it before we got onto the water taxi. I'm happy to hear your story but sad that you can't return to have one more drink.

Lunch is served.

Chicken Cesar for Lisa.

0c824f60adab018e437d548f9879c6d4.jpg

Pasta for Owen.

a2a5c1a065665d4bd7669170ed4ba2bd.jpg

Me on the other hand, I was hungry as I didn't have much breakfast. Spring rolls, chicken satay, and breaded shrimp.

9a148f4e36e5aa32ace8df953c8950c0.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That's what I'd want my last meal on earth to look like! Heavenly. :)

That's what I'd want my last meal on earth to look like! Heavenly. :)

Thankfully it wasn't mine, because I'm still here to tell you about it today. [emoji12]

Edited by A&L_Ont

Andrew, does Holland house charge a entry fee besides the $20 for the chairs/umbrella's and drinks? Was the jet ski an hour or 30 min?

Thanks..can't wait to go watch the scopes.

There is no entry fee. The beach is a public beach so if you wish to sit in front of their Lou gets you could. You will get asked by the local ladies if you need anything such as foot massage, wrap, etc...

The jet ski was for the half hour but they will rent it for longer if you wish.

Thanks for the reviews!! Going on this ship on Sunday :)

Who did you have as the comedian and headliner on this cruise?

The comedians were Dan Wilson and Vanessa. to which we can't remember her last name. They were OK, with some laughs but we have had funnier.

The headliner is an Elton John tribute show. We won't make it but if we get a review tonight we will let you know it went.

Didn't prebook HH. They always have chairs. 6 drinks come with the two chairs. They can any combo of pop, water or beer.

The jet skis run by the group beside them. It was $55 for both of us on 1 jet ski. I think if you got 2 or wanted to long rider they would deal a bit. Their menu might be on their website.

Thank you!!

Sent from my SM-N920R4 using Tapatalk

We arrived in San Juan that about 7 AM this morning. The Carnival Valor arrived shortly after us. There were only the two ships in port today.

d3a26b94f21b2b7c183f875ef6086f4c.jpg

Edited by A&L_Ont

After we had breakfast we went into town for a few hours and did a bit of walking and sightseeing. Here's a few images of what we saw.

e56fc445daada68274b20e515b6c9a11.jpg

f68d59de17160ba7e9a5406643baf03e.jpg

329dc60d5b2fd89323289b20c4f14824.jpg

42d5c277e3050eea4fcb5821c819b6cd.jpg

b10717c220f5af30540961b92c2d5f7a.jpg

e22e20947fa2926ebad70e11ab0beb3d.jpg

Only walk around in the port area for a couple hours but it was a nice break from the ship. It was extremely hot in the sun but very comfortable in the shady buildings on the streets.

We return to the ship to have some lunch, followed by the helipad sail away party.

a60db59dc1f435dd838c09c2b4f33e52.jpg

14246b2c882a94394a0a5c3cdc4b8eb0.jpg

a32c7640e109815e809ee42700946f23.jpg

We saw some dolphins off the starboard side of the bow. Hopefully they'll be visible in the photo.

673782fc7a7367f9c2b6f68ea1d42b8c.jpg

aed4b5ef9ecb082469146b766d1861a3.jpg

We also had some birds flying in front of the ship.

9941433929fe6fc392b8a227d5470ef7.jpg

Tonight is the second formal night. For supper this evening we did it casual and we went to the Wind Jammer. After that we went to the ice show. We seen it a few times but it's always good to to watch.

202ae9bf883287c2bc91a67c3fb557b2.jpg

8f40642b366e39288840f3d65f3a7615.jpg

805a5f5136efaabe12852f3c648c0ed8.jpg

0d2f9abe315c6a19fd5d79c7cc58b7ea.jpg

4f6cb8251cd9a89b8e08d6136ea7a551.jpg

fa54e1141ef41625bd258599a1f431a3.jpg

The comedians were Dan Wilson and Vanessa. to which we can't remember her last name. They were OK, with some laughs but we have had funnier.

The headliner is an Elton John tribute show. We won't make it but if we get a review tonight we will let you know it went.

Bummer about the comedians! And thank you for telling me the info :)

It will be our first time on the oasis class.

Any recommendations or important advice?

Edited by mamira90

Tomorrow is Labadee.

30199948ade12d89ed7a0a9a1acfa80a.jpg

Looks like the top things are drink and go to cabanas.

9a7ce958042b729fc1d7234c93e2fd33.jpg

Thanks to Gambee for this great photo as it shows us our home for tomorrow.

9e1b140bf275a3424d37ed1ddb4750eb.jpg

Edited by A&L_Ont

Bummer about the comedians! And thank you for telling me the info :)

It will be our first time on the oasis class.

Any recommendations or important advice?

To me the biggest thing is prebook your shows. If you are going to try anything special do it early in the cruise not on the last day.

We have had more hits with the comedians so one night being OK isn't a big deal to us. [emoji3]

To me the biggest thing is prebook your shows. If you are going to try anything special do it early in the cruise not on the last day.

We have had more hits with the comedians so one night being OK isn't a big deal to us. [emoji3]

Perfect, thank you! I thankfully booked all of those a couple months ago.

Only one that wasn't available online was comedy. But seems a lot of other mentioned that in our roll call. We plan to reserve once we got on.

Thanks for the comparison to Nachi. I always enjoy a day at Nachi although next trip to Coz in November will likely see me three-peat the Bar Hop bus :)

So is Friday going to be a B-2 kinda day?

And hope Franky has continued to be magical.