Freedom- complete deck plan...it's in my hand!!!

I wouldn't actually call myself a Travel Agent. Travel Agents work much harder than I do! I am simply an independent cruise agent. I really just book cruises for myself and my friends and family. I don't know the exact date of the first sailing of Freedom, but I believe the first paying passenger cruise is June 4th, 2005. I have been on a couple of maiden voyages, and I personally would choose to wait. There are always some glitches to contend with. Nothing that would ruin my vacation, but at the prices they are charging for Freedom, I'd rather wait till they work the kinks out myself. I will admit that it is fun to be on the brand new ship though, but honestly, it feels brand new for the first few months that it sails.

Slightly of topic:

How long do we think it will take RCCL to put out the "Making of Freedom" video. I am on the fifth sailing And would love to have the video but I just can't believe that it will be done by then. How long did it take for the "Making of Voyager" video to come out, that will give me some idea when the Freedom video will come out.

Hey Bonnie,

Linda here...my husband and I met you and your husband on the Explorer about 3yrs ago. Just had a question for you. Are you still with the school system as a nurse? I'm still with the school system but now I just substitute every now and then.

Thanks for all that you do for the cc boards and I hope you enjoy your agency gig.

Linda

Hi Linda! Nice to hear from you! I will be on Explorer for the third time next Summer! So far, she is still my favorite ship. (That may change after I sail on Freedom though). Yes, I am still a school nurse! I work full time for a small parochial elementary school. I love my job! It is something different every day! The kids are awesome! The outside agent "gig" is something I began several years ago so I could have total control over my own bookings. I did start to do bookings for friends and family and eventually was booking for my friends' friends. Then it started to take up a bit more time and cause a few more headaches than I was prepared to deal with for a "hobby". Now I just do my own cruises and my friends/family who are sailing with me on that particular cruise. After I retire from nursing, I will put more energy into the cruise "business" when I can give it all the attention that it requires. My hat goes off to all the wonderful TA's out there who do it as a means of support! It really is a much harder job than one would believe!

Airb330, I grew up downstate in Seaford! To me Clayton was "Upstate"! I graduated from University of Delaware many moons ago. It's nice to run into a "neighbor" on these boards!

Dear Bonnie,

What year did you graduate UD? You said many moons ago but I bet I have more moons than you. I graduated 1975 and was the first class with abouy 165. The previous years had only about 80. It was a real problem as they had to scramble to find us clinical sights. Sorry I know this is off the topic.

I graduated with my BS in Nursing From UD in 1986. It was a career change for me, so I started late at UD while I was married and with children. I graduated high school in the mid-70's and married my sweetheart in 1977. We will be celebrating our 30th Wedding Anniversary on Freedom of the Seas by the way! :D

I'm going to watch the Blue Hens Men's Basketball Team play tomorrow night (Thursday) at Bob Carpenter Center. November 3rd is my Son's birthday and he wanted to go watch the Hen's play b-ball on his birthday, so off we go! :D They are playing Goldey Beacom! I didn't realize Goldey even had a gym, let alone a basketball team! :o They will probably kick the Hen's butts though and make a fool out of me! :rolleyes:

I'm going to watch the Blue Hens Men's Basketball Team play tomorrow night (Thursday) at Bob Carpenter Center. November 3rd is my Son's birthday and he wanted to go watch the Hen's play b-ball on his birthday, so off we go! :D They are playing Goldey Beacom! I didn't realize Goldey even had a gym, let alone a basketball team! :o They will probably kick the Hen's butts though and make a fool out of me! :rolleyes:

I have a "fun" class from 6-9, enjoy the game! Hope you and your son have fun. I try to make all the UD BB games, though we were much better a few years ago I still enjoy them--I just can't stand the football games for some reason. Gotta love getting in free as a student!

Wow, somebody clue me in, i loved the Making of the voyager video , i had no idea that they are making a video for the Freedom,, someone please keep me informed..Thanks..Ryan
I am just assuming that RCCL will do the same for this ship. The making of Voyager class video is a huge seller so I guess I am hoping they will fallow it up with a Freedom video.

I am just assuming that RCCL will do the same for this ship. The making of Voyager class video is a huge seller so I guess I am hoping they will fallow it up with a Freedom video.

I bet it will be all over the Travel Channel too. Like the QM2 was and Voyager was. Don't forget to watch The Today Show on Friday.

Hi Calvin,

I just came back from a cruise and went to Johnny Rockets several times. Didn't seem like a teenage hangout to me. I think the $3.95 charge helped with that. The last time we cruised, they didn't implement the charge. It was very hard for us to get in with all the kids hanging out!!

Hi Carol,

I'm not a fan of the 'nickel and diming' but, in this Johnny Rockets' case, it does seem to serve a purpose (other than to add to RCI's revenues). I didn't assume the goal was to keep the teens out though; I thought it was simply to cut down the lines, period.

If I could push a magic button, I'd charge a bit more for the Voyager and Radiance class cruises and make everything truly 'all-inclusive' (including non-premium drinks) but I know that would wreak havoc with the entire experience.

Archived