Hidden Treasures of Europe, 21st May 2017

Does anybody have up to date intel on this repositioning cruise ? :confused:

On page 34 of the brochure that I have (April Edition, Nov.2016-Oct.2017) it states that Celebration is relocating on this itinerary from Malaga to Newcastle, 14 nights from Sunday 21st May 2017.

However, the Thomson website lists Celebration sailing Newcastle round trip to the Baltic on this date.

This has come up before, quite recently if memory serves - but I can't find any recent information updates.

I have been searching What's in port site, and found her booked into Portimao on 9.5.17, and it says on there she has come from Cadiz. As these are 2nd and 3rd day of the itinerary as per page 34, I presume she leaves Malaga on 7.5.17. I also found she is booked into Amsterdam on 18.5.17 which is the correct day she was due there, but having checked all the other ports, no trace.....yet. Will keep looking though as we want this one, and presume it won't go on sale until they manage to rearrange all the booked ports to the new dates. Just hope they manage them as it is a lovely port intensive cruise with only 1 sea day. Due into Newcastle 7.6.17.

Gill

Thanks Ladies, that's very useful stuff.

Except -

Due into Newcastle 7.6.17.

That doesn't appear correct, based on a 14 night cruise starting 7th May 2017.

Going by the brochure Celebration is on "Spirit of Iberia" from 7th May, followed by "Continental Coasts" from 14th May, both 7 night roundtrips from Malaga.

So, if she's been rescheduled for "Hidden Treasures of Europe" commencing 7th May - which ship is taking over these two itineraries - the new acquisition ?

Edited by WeeCountyMan
conflicting information

Thanks Ladies, that's very useful stuff.

Except -

That doesn't appear correct, based on a 14 night cruise starting 7th May 2017.

Going by the brochure Celebration is on "Spirit of Iberia" from 7th May, followed by "Continental Coasts" from 14th May, both 7 night roundtrips from Malaga.

So, if she's been rescheduled for "Hidden Treasures of Europe" commencing 7th May - which ship is taking over these two itineraries - the new acquisition ?

Sorry it should be 21 May. 4 June was the original date.

Discovery 2 has taken on a lot of Med trips.

Gill

Cheers girls.

Having compared the brochure with the website.

It appears that "Spirit of Iberia" on 7th May has been dropped from the schedule and switched to 21st May on TUI Discovery 2 (maiden voyage under Thomson ?) which will also do "Continental Coasts" sailing on its originally planned date of 14th May, both are roundtrips from Malaga.

That would allow Celebration to be detached for "Hidden Treasures of Europe" on 7th May, sailing from Malaga.

If any of that is wrong - I plead a defence of insanity caused by overexposure to Thomsons brochure and website !!! :D

Cheers girls.

Having compared the brochure with the website.

It appears that "Spirit of Iberia" on 7th May has been dropped from the schedule and switched to 21st May on TUI Discovery 2 (maiden voyage under Thomson ?) which will also do "Continental Coasts" sailing on its originally planned date of 14th May, both are roundtrips from Malaga.

That would allow Celebration to be detached for "Hidden Treasures of Europe" on 7th May, sailing from Malaga.

If any of that is wrong - I plead a defence of insanity caused by overexposure to Thomsons brochure and website !!! :D

I know what you mean as I got myself all wrapped up in sleuthing yesterday. Roll on the day when they get them ALL on sale in the right order in the right ships to the right places!!

Gill

Gill,

From memory I've had difficulties booking repo cruises in the past by going online - if I mind right there is an issue with cruises that only involve a one way flight, either outward or return.

Thomsons website seems to have problems handling certain "normal" bookings - it must really mess up its electronic brain :confused: trying to figure out why cruise passengers are only flying out to, or returning from a ship !!! :D

The sales people at Thomsons have just confirmed sailing date as 7th May, and the cruise will be on sale as of end of September.

Edited by WeeCountyMan
updated information

Thanks WCM. Great news. I don't have a problem booking with TA so happy to do that. Will start checking with them around 18th Sept when we get back from York. Will keep checking Whats in Port though to see when the rest of the ports get booked up as only 3 so far showing Celebration docking with them after leaving Malaga on 7 May.

Gill

• 2 weeks later...
Have been told by Thomson Cruise Staff that this repositioning cruise is completely sold out. Have no idea why they cannot put it on the dreadful Thomson website that it has been sold out. Instead, they leave it in the online brochure but you cannot search on it

It's not even on sale yet so it can't be sold out!

It's not even on sale yet so it can't be sold out!

Was for sale in brochure and in thomson shoos. Suggest you ring an agent again or go to a Thomson shop to recheck this. We would love to do this cruise too. But have been told by two separate agents thst it has been sold out

Was for sale in brochure and in thomson shoos. Suggest you ring an agent again or go to a Thomson shop to recheck this. We would love to do this cruise too. But have been told by two separate agents thst it has been sold out

Believe me, it is not sold out. It hasn't become available to book yet, even in the Thomson travel agents. I don't think it is even shown on line. My travel agent has a list of people waiting to book either of the 2 repositioning cruises. The latest date we have been advised that we can book is the end of September.....very soon I hope.

Believe me, it is not sold out. It hasn't become available to book yet, even in the Thomson travel agents. I don't think it is even shown on line. My travel agent has a list of people waiting to book either of the 2 repositioning cruises. The latest date we have been advised that we can book is the end of September.....very soon I hope.

I will be delighted if you are correct, but do not understand why my sister and I are both being told that it is sold out. I shall call a Thomson agent tomorrow. I am in Canada, so cannot actually go in to a Thomson shop, so I have called Thomson Cruises directly and it was them that told me. My sister also called Thomson Cruises directly on a different date and was told the same thing.

We have been in various Thomson's TA shops in various towns around the country between York and Truro, and have been asking about this cruise, with varying responses, but the only thing we have established at this moment in time is that it should be 7 May 17, and it should be on sale at the end of this month. None have given any inclination that there have been any sales yet. Our local TA is having a cruise event on 24 September and we have an invite. I wonder what they will be flogging?

Gill

I have my name down to phone immediately the repositioning cruise is available by my Thomson TA I called in today and they rang Thomson and were told they still haven't been released They are having a weeks cruise promotion later this month as has already been said and they think they may be released for that Until then they are ringing Thomson twice a week to check - brilliant service I get from my local office They will also match the £100 special offer that is currently on the website and of course if you use them they will book your cabin for you saving you phone costs and the time hanging on

I have my name down to phone immediately the repositioning cruise is available by my Thomson TA I called in today and they rang Thomson and were told they still haven't been released They are having a weeks cruise promotion later this month as has already been said and they think they may be released for that Until then they are ringing Thomson twice a week to check - brilliant service I get from my local office They will also match the £100 special offer that is currently on the website and of course if you use them they will book your cabin for you saving you phone costs and the time hanging on

Thanks for the info. I called an agent in London today and they told me that it had not been released yet. Do not know why Thomson themselves are telling people it has been sold out, whereas the Thomson TAS have better infomation.

• 3 weeks later...

We are booked in. TA rang when they came on sale Tuesday, and we went and booked. Sailing date from Malaga is now 7th May 17, and itinerary is:

7.Malaga. 8.Cadiz. 9.Portimao. 10.Lisbon. 11.Sea. 12.La Coruna.

13.Bilbao. 14.La Rochelle. 15.Brest. 16.Cherbourg. 17.Zeebrugge.

18.Amsterdam. 19.Bremerhaven. 20.Sea. 21.Newcastle.

Brilliant.

Gill

Edited by gillhalfpint