Staggered Check In in Long Beach

SadieN

• 2 months later...

Just off the Hi cruise this past Sunday and asked the gate keepers about check in times.

The priority building was starting check in at 9:15 (usually starts at 9:30.) FTTF was also starting at this time. The regular line gate keeper said that they'll check you in when you arrive, with the admonishment to check in next time at your chosen time.

In other words, not much has changed in Long Beach. Except many did follow the times and getting off and being picked up was much easier.

Just off the Hi cruise this past Sunday and asked the gate keepers about check in times.

The priority building was starting check in at 9:15 (usually starts at 9:30.) FTTF was also starting at this time. The regular line gate keeper said that they'll check you in when you arrive, with the admonishment to check in next time at your chosen time.

In other words, not much has changed in Long Beach. Except many did follow the times and getting off and being picked up was much easier.

Thanks for the update Sadie! So it looks like as Platinum we can get there early. I hope your Hawaii trip was great! I have booked for Fall 2018. :)

• 4 weeks later...

I suspect they made the change with the Miracle in mind. Whenever I've sailed out of Long Beach on a Fantasy Class (either the Inspiration or Imagination) check in has been a breeze but when I sailed on the Miracle it was a zoo so they probably are more strict only when it's busier, i.e. when the bigger ship is in port.