EZ Air - a positive development

goofy559

Being Canadian, but living close to the US border, flying from the states is often a cheaper option.

In the past, to book EZAir from the states on a Canadian booking, you had to call and have them change your departure city to wherever in the US you wanted it to be.

Today, I was looking for flights for an upcoming cruise and noticed that it gave me the US airports close to me as an option. This makes things so much easier and allowed me to book the flights I wanted from the US with all the protections EZAir provides and in Canadian funds.

We are flying in the day of the cruise due to work commitments and wanted to book through Princess in case there are weather issues (February flying from Buffalo....)

Glad to see that Princess IT has made a positive change to the site.

Being Canadian, but living close to the US border, flying from the states is often a cheaper option.

In the past, to book EZAir from the states on a Canadian booking, you had to call and have them change your departure city to wherever in the US you wanted it to be.

Today, I was looking for flights for an upcoming cruise and noticed that it gave me the US airports close to me as an option. This makes things so much easier and allowed me to book the flights I wanted from the US with all the protections EZAir provides and in Canadian funds.

We are flying in the day of the cruise due to work commitments and wanted to book through Princess in case there are weather issues (February flying from Buffalo....)

Sounds great!

Just watch out for that lake effect snow!! :eek:

Good luck! I hope you have insurance, and a good backup plan!

Flying anywhere from NY to anywhere in February on embarkation day is so risky! I hope you understand that your chances of boarding the ship on embarkation day aren't very good.

Look at how many times the airport in Buffalo is shut down not many. It could happen but the odds are with you that it won't. I wouldn't worry.

So theres 34 days it shouldn't be closed 5 to 10 inches in a day will most likey have effect on travel depending when it falls and how fast.

Buffalo Average Snowfall per year.

25 days 1 inch

9 days 3 inches

4 days 5 inches

0.8 day 10 inches

You guys are so FUNNY......I LIVE across the street from the airport !!

LOL...

I guess I'll touch base with you as it gets closer to get a live report. [emoji6] I'm not really worried i just don't like flying the day of.

LOL...

I guess I'll touch base with you as it gets closer to get a live report. [emoji6] I'm not really worried i just don't like flying the day of.

If you need any information on any part of your travels...feel free, I am always willing to help a fellow traveler

So, you are flying from here in December also? Sometimes its not the airport or weather, its the journey getting from there to here. I don't know how many times traveling from Buffalo to Toronto and back, how many weather changes we went through, snow, sun, snow and that's the first fifty miles LOL

Yep! We normally drive to Florida for our Dec trip but timing didn't work out this time. The weather can be crazy! Last year we were driving along the Erie shore in a blizzard, took the turn towards Buffalo and had blue sky!!

Some of the deals on Southwest lately have been crazy good. $89 to fly from fll to buf is nuts!

Some of the deals on Southwest lately have been crazy good. $89 to fly from fll to buf is nuts!

Check the price for flying from BUF to FLL and back in February. Instead of $89.00, it's closer to $890.00!!!!!! All airlines are charging about the same.

Check the price for flying from BUF to FLL and back in February. Instead of $89.00, it's closer to $890.00!!!!!! All airlines are charging about the same.

That's nuts. Keep checking though. About 3 months out is supposed to be the sweet spot for domestic flights. I check every Tuesday afternoon.

I had been watching Southwest air from Buffalo to Ft Lauderdale for 8 months. We are leaving November 3rd, a Thursday, and our kids on Friday the 4th. We are taking advantage of a "free" hotel night, so that's why we are leaving the day before them. There is ONE non stop flight at 5:30 in the morning, gets there at 8:30 am. I was watching a flight at 8:45 got there 1:30 with a stop in Baltimore. Prices ranged from 131.00 to 229.00 EACH. per person ONE WAY. So now we are past final payment and want to finalize that one last thing. You know how they say airlines drop reservations at midnight and that Tuesday/Wednesday was the best time to buy, so I stay up, get on the computer, keep refreshing every couple of minutes to see if I can get a good price....finally I gave up, went to bed. Got up Wednesday morning, first thing, hopped on the computer, signed on Southwest, Lo and behold my air was 102, but that was for the 5:30 am non stop, so was my sleep worth a hundred bucks, sure so I booked it. Later on in the week the Friday flight dropped to 108, so I saved the kids a 150 bucks. Now its been steady for a week or so at 151 for the non stop and 189 for the one stop.....I wish they would stop playing the price game. I need to call my hotel to see if we can check in super early. There is no way I can get up at 3 am and function like a human being. LOL

Edited by myfuzzy

Glad the system worked well for you.