Confused re package

The Flame

If you booked through the UK office under UK rules, you do not pay any additional service charges for the drinks package or for individual drinks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm a bit confused. If I have the ultimate drinks package and have pre paid gratuities, will I still be charged 18% service charge for each drink?

Your best bet is to call Norwegian directly and make sure, but I think these are separate things. You drinks package comes with a standard gratuity which is actually already added to your price. You will not be paying per drink, but per package, which is a lot of money. If you cancel that "free" incentive, you will actually get money back! As for the gratuities, I believe those do not include your drinks and incidentals. It is for the room steward, the servers, Maitre d, etc.

Hope this helps.

Your best bet is to call Norwegian directly and make sure, but I think these are separate things. You drinks package comes with a standard gratuity which is actually already added to your price. You will not be paying per drink, but per package, which is a lot of money. If you cancel that "free" incentive, you will actually get money back! As for the gratuities, I believe those do not include your drinks and incidentals. It is for the room steward, the servers, Maitre d, etc.

Hope this helps.

No need to call NCL. Post #2 is the correct answer.

No. But while docked in u s ports you pay only tax. As long as drink you order less than the max package drink price

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

So a cruise out of Tampa, that also goes to Key West and San Juan, you will be charged the tax on drinks for those 3 days while docked? So wine at meals will be taxed?

So a cruise out of Tampa, that also goes to Key West and San Juan, you will be charged the tax on drinks for those 3 days while docked? So wine at meals will be taxed?

These are not taxes charged by NCL... they are collected by NCL on behalf of the city, state or territory that charges a sales tax on alcohol (not all US ports charge this and a lot of European ports will also charge a tax but its called "VAT")........ you would need to investigate if Florida (Miami is a YES) and Puerto Rico charge "sales tax on alcohol".

Not completely sure of UK drink packages, but if you order a drink that is above your allowance of $15 then you will pay only the difference plus 18%. Also, if you order a drink that is outside your T&Cs then you would be charged the full price plus 18%.

The Daily Service Charge (DSC) is the monies set aside by NCL for the staff (tips). If you pre-pay it, then even if the price quadruples or you upsell to a suite \ Haven then you do not pay the extra. If you do not pre-pay and the DSC increases or you upsell to a suite \ Haven then you would be subject to paying the new rate.

Edited by esm54687