pre-cruise/boarding the ship question

Moose12345

I posted a question earlier today but now I can't find it.

We will be staying in Honolulu for a few days before our cruise.

And our ship is docked overnight in Honolulu.

We get on the ship on the first day, check in and put our things in our room. And then can we get off the ship again that same day?

We have only been on two cruises and neither one stayed in the same port overnight. :confused:

I posted a question earlier today but now I can't find it.

We will be staying in Honolulu for a few days before our cruise.

And our ship is docked overnight in Honolulu.

We get on the ship on the first day, check in and put our things in our room. And then can we get off the ship again that same day?

We have only been on two cruises and neither one stayed in the same port overnight. :confused:

You can get off and on as many times as you want, even overnight. Security will be there to check you out and back in.

I was hoping that this was the way it worked. Thanks so much

pizzalady1 for your response. I see that you have done the Hawaii cruise before. Is there shopping right at the port in all the stops? Some of the excursions we have picked are only a few hours long and this is why I'm asking.

I was hoping that this was the way it worked. Thanks so much

pizzalady1 for your response. I see that you have done the Hawaii cruise before. Is there shopping right at the port in all the stops? Some of the excursions we have picked are only a few hours long and this is why I'm asking.

In Honolulu, the options for shopping are rental car, taxi/shuttle. Traffic in Waikiki and Honolulu is like any big city. You will not be far from the Waikiki Beach area which itself is very walkable. I'd go there by taxi. Once there, you can combine beach walks with exploring from the sidewalks to all the shopping and food options. Lots of waterfront restaurants and beach bars which would be great for sunset dining. Very safe to walk around.

If you tender at Lahaina, lots to do and see there, walkable from the pier. If docked by Kahului, your own rental car is highly recommended. Nothing to walk to. Driving in Maui to many scenic sights is very easy and cheap. Eliminates the need for expensive excursions.

In Hilo, for shopping you can shuttle downtown to Farmers Market and shops. Small area, very walkable. Kona also is very walkable, right from the tender dock.