FTTF logo on luggage tags...didn't purchase FTTF???

CHAPULA

Booked a SUITE for the first time for a cruise this upcoming December. Just pulled up the luggage tags online and saw the word 'PRIORITY' along with a small round Red/White/Blue FTTF logo on the tag. We did not purchase FTTF.

Anyone know why would luggage tags reflect this? Should I be getting my hopes up ;)

It's not as good as FTTF, but you can read here what's included in a suite. This is the info for FTTF, so you only get the benefits that specifically say suite.

Priority Security, Check-in and Express Boarding

Bypass lines and have exclusive security screening lanes and express boarding lane. This is only available on embarkation day. If you arrive after general boarding has begun, you may bypass the general boarding line and board via the Faster to the Fun lane.

Note: Only VIFP Diamond and Platinum guests as well as guests traveling in deluxe suite accommodations will have access to the Priority Check-In Lounge and proceed on board before FTTF guests.

First Access to Stateroom

Your stateroom will be ready for you as soon as you board so you can relax or freshen up for all the fun you are about to have.

Note: This is also a benefit for VIFP Diamond and Platinum guests.

Priority Luggage

While we process thousands of bags, FTTF luggage will receive priority delivery.

Guest Services

Quickly have any of your questions answered or requests addressed as you will have a dedicated phone and line at Guest Services.

Dining Reservations

Priority Dinner Time Assignment: FTTF guests will be cleared after VIFP Platinum guests. This benefit does not include specific time reservations for 'Your Time Dining'.

Note: VIFP Diamond guests and guests traveling in deluxe suite accommodations are guaranteed their dining in the Main Dining Room.

Tender Priority

You will have priority tender service from ship to shore (multiple departure times may be possible) so you can explore ashore as quickly as you want to. When ready to go ashore, if not on a Carnival shore excursion, present yourself at the Guest Services Desk.

Debarkation Choices

We are always sad to see you go. But when your cruise is over, you may choose an early or late disembarkation time upon arrival to your homeport.

Note: This is also a benefit for VIFP Diamond and Platinum guests and guests traveling in deluxe suite accommodations.

Things to Remember

The FTTF price is not per person. One ticket per stateroom covers all occupants of the stateroom so only one guest needs to purchase but all occupants receive the benefits.

For guests traveling with companions in separate staterooms, one FTTF package must be purchased by each stateroom for guests to board through the Faster to the Fun lane.

FTTF can only be purchased prior to the cruise; no al a carte services can be purchased onboard. FTTF generally opens for sale 6 to 18 months prior to the cruise. Cruise departures in 2018 will be open for sale some time between April and June 2017.

After purchasing the FTTF package, guests will need to re-print their boarding pass and luggage tags so the Faster to the Fun stamp reflects on the documents.

Check-In typically begins at approximately 11:00am but may vary by port. The boarding process (for all guests) starts at the published time provided in the documents as long as the debarkation process from the previous cruise has ended.

A Few Facts on Faster to the Fun

VIFP Diamond and Platinum members and guests traveling in deluxe suite accommodations are the only guests to have access to the Priority Check-In Lounge at embarkation. FTTF guests will not have this benefit so embarkation will not be impacted in the Priority Check-In Lounge.

Similar to airlines boarding first class and then elite frequent flyers, etc., we will start with VIFP Diamond and Platinum members, followed by guests traveling in deluxe suite accommodations and then FTTF guests.

The number of people who may purchase the FTTF package will be capacity controlled based upon the number of VIFP Diamond and Platinum members booked on the sailing.

That's why I'm confused. In the 'Priority Luggage' section it does not mention 'suite' guests as having it as a benefit.

You're right. I'm tired and wasn't thinking clearly. I was thinking of access to the Priority Lounge and boarding. Are you Platinum or Diamond? Are you sure someone didn't buy FTTF and you just don't know about it? It would be listed under your excursions.

I read in a post a few days ago that they've changed the suite perks and added a few things. I've been searching for confirmation of this ever since.

Now, you're getting my hopes up....it did cross my mind that now we may have priority luggage and MAYBE our room being ready early

Not quite Platinum, yet. Need an 8 day cruise after this one in December. Just booked this cruise a couple of weeks ago and FTTF has been sold out since then, so never booked. Curious, isn't it?

Yeah, it is strange. And no one else bought it for you? Not showing under excursions in your booking?

I know it will show Priority on your boarding pass for sure. I guess maybe it does on your luggage tags as well? I really don't know because I have never stayed in a suite. It seems like if it says it on your boarding pass that it would on your luggage tags too, but like we previously talked about, it's not listed as a benefit. Maybe someone who has stayed in a suite will chime in. Either way, have a great cruise!!!

Now, you're getting my hopes up....it did cross my mind that now we may have priority luggage and MAYBE our room being ready early

It will be a no for sure on the cabin being ready (unless you got FTTF for free :)). There's just no way the room stewards could have all the suites plus FTTF/Platinum/Diamond cabins cleaned in that short amount of time. But I could see maybe the luggage delivery thing although it's not listed in all the things I have seen so far.

Edited by firemanbobswife

It will be a no for sure on the cabin being ready (unless you got FTTF for free :)). There's just no way the room stewards could have all the suites plus FTTF/Platinum/Diamond cabins cleaned in that short amount of time. But I could see maybe the luggage delivery thing although it's not listed in all the things I have seen so far.

Yeah, you're probably right. I did look under my 'planned activities' and 'activities' tab and no FTTF showing. I guess we'll maybe hear more after September 1, since this is when the new perks go into effect.

Thanks for your time in trying to help me figure this out... :)

Not to go off on a tangent, but we are Suite AND Platinum so we get everything. However, my personal opinion is that suite guests should have the FTTF perks included. Even though it would not help me in the least as platinum, I think that people paying the higher fee for Suites should have FTTF included.

Not to go off on a tangent, but we are Suite AND Platinum so we get everything. However, my personal opinion is that suite guests should have the FTTF perks included. Even though it would not help me in the least as platinum, I think that people paying the higher fee for Suites should have FTTF included.

I totally agree with you...that's what I thought may have happened when I saw the FTTF on my tags.

Either way we'll still have a blast... ;)

Booked a SUITE for the first time for a cruise this upcoming December. Just pulled up the luggage tags online and saw the word 'PRIORITY' along with a small round Red/White/Blue FTTF logo on the tag. We did not purchase FTTF.

Anyone know why would luggage tags reflect this? Should I be getting my hopes up ;)

Because you are in a suite.

Yeah, you're probably right. I did look under my 'planned activities' and 'activities' tab and no FTTF showing. I guess we'll maybe hear more after September 1, since this is when the new perks go into effect.

Thanks for your time in trying to help me figure this out... :)

You're welcome. Sorry I don't have any answers for you. Keep us posted.

Okay all....I just figured it out... I looked up my DH's VIFP points and apparently HE has hit Platinum with this 7-day cruise in question. I only have 60 VIFP points and assumed (since we've only cruised together) he had the same. He has 68 and this cruise will make him Platinum. Apparently I am missing a cruise that I now need to request credit for.

Moral of the story....CHECK your VIFP points carefully!!!

Sorry to get anyone's hopes up thinking that suites might be getting FTTF perks, too.

Okay all....I just figured it out... I looked up my DH's VIFP points and apparently HE has hit Platinum with this 7-day cruise in question. I only have 60 VIFP points and assumed (since we've only cruised together) he had the same. He has 68 and this cruise will make him Platinum. Apparently I am missing a cruise that I now need to request credit for.

Moral of the story....CHECK your VIFP points carefully!!!

Sorry to get anyone's hopes up thinking that suites might be getting FTTF perks, too.

Good to know. I figured there had to be a reason. Congrats to DH and good luck getting yours straightened out!

I fully agree with you. They should consider FFTP on suite perks.

Our's has the same thing on the luggage tags and I am in the process of trying to buy the FTTF. I was wondering about it when I saw your post.

I have been trying to check my DH's points but I am unable to find them. I don't think that is it in our case though.

I don't know what it means. Maybe we will find out soon. Our cruise isn't until April 2018.