Travel Guard Medical Claim

knittinggirl

How do we get a signed medical claim from Holland when we saw the shipboard doctor?

Well obviously, you can't go back to the doctor to get a signature, so will the original bill you were presented with suffice? If it was something serious, you should have received a paper copy of the diagnosis and treatment when you were released from the infirmary. The one and only time we required the doctor's services, before we left I asked "what do I need from you for our insurance?" and was told everything was in the folder they supplied before we were disembarked.

Smooth Sailing ! :) :) :)

How do we get a signed medical claim from Holland when we saw the shipboard doctor?

If Guest Relations can't (or won't) help, I suggest you contact the Mariner Society, which has become somewhat of an "ombudsman" for us. The very few times that we have needed something (including reliable information) that GR was not able to provide, we contacted MS and got exactly what we needed.

Smooth sailing ...

I just checked the folder we were given before we were disembarked and there is a business card with the name of a Medical Disembark Coordinator, Fleet Medical Operations for Holland America. I won't give you the person's name in case it has changed, but if you phone the number, I'm pretty certain someone there will be able to assist you. Area code 206, 262-5933.

Smooth Sailing ! :) :) :)

Just guessing, but somewhere probably in the $20-25 for a page or so, and then maybe a $1 or so for each additional page. I used to send medical info from hospitals and that was the charge we used then. Hope this helps.

Marianne