Zumba on any of the ships?

lollylew

My friend sailed on Princess recently and was able to attend a Zumba class. I know that when I was on the Miracle last year, there was only some Yoga and Stretch classes offered. Do any of Carnival ships have Zumba classes? Would like to do something more than machines or walking the track.

Edited by lollylew

I was just on the Legend on 8/9 with Jaime Dee as cruise director, and we had Zumba twice on the ship led by her.

I don't know that this is a cruise line wide thing, or just a her thing, but it was quite fun, and I was glad to be able to get some Zumba in while cruising!

Have never seen Zumba offered on a Carnival ship.

I once asked John about it and he said he would look into it but nothing ever happened. They have the room for it and only need to get one of their people trained to offer it.

Been on Princess twice and they offered it both times and with Carnival would do it.

Zumba is a registered trademark and owned by Zumba Fitness, LLC. They require that any facility wanting to offer zumba classes to have Zumba trained/licensed instructors leading the classes, if called Zumba. Whether Jaime Dee is one or not I have no idea. So until more fitness instructors on Carnival get licensed if any, don't expect to see classes offered.

On that note, RCCL is offering a Zumba cruise in the spring.

https://www.zumba-cruise.com/

I was just on the Legend on 8/9 with Jaime Dee as cruise director, and we had Zumba twice on the ship led by her.

I don't know that this is a cruise line wide thing, or just a her thing, but it was quite fun, and I was glad to be able to get some Zumba in while cruising!

I love Jaime Dee! How fun that she lead Zumba on your cruise!!