New Cheers Package

bearkatsmom

We pre purchased the new Cheers package. We sale out of Galveston I know the liquor part will not kick in until the second day. However it also includes the sodas and water when does that part kick in? Just budgeting for first day.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

We pre purchased the new Cheers package. We sale out of Galveston I know the liquor part will not kick in until the second day. However it also includes the sodas and water when does that part kick in? Just budgeting for first day.

Since you don't pay for the first day on your Cheers package, the soda and water will be at your expense. I would suggest bringing on some soda for the first day. We always order cheers but still bring soda, as we prefer a brand they do not offer. If you prefer bottled water, order some for the room for your first day. Never hurts to have extra water in the room for the middle of the night! Hope this helps. Have a wonderful cruise!!!

Your Cheers package does not start until 6:00am on Day 2, so you will not be able to use your Cheers package on Day 1 at all and will have to pay for each drink a la carte.

Order a 12 pack of water to the room now, I think it's like $4, and get your soda fix before getting on board. Another money saving tip, take advantage of still being able to carry-on 1 750ml bottle of wine per person over the age of 21; and just drink that and the water you ordered on day 1.

Your Cheers package does not start until 6:00am on Day 2, so you will not be able to use your Cheers package on Day 1 at all and will have to pay for each drink a la carte.

Order a 12 pack of water to the room now, I think it's like $4, and get your soda fix before getting on board. Another money saving tip, take advantage of still being able to carry-on 1 750ml bottle of wine per person over the age of 21; and just drink that and the water you ordered on day 1.

Nice tip.

Purchased water. Due to free tea and juice we will make it until 6 a.m. I purchased wine to carry on. We are limiting our selves to two checked bags and each a backpack. And my husband and I said we are okay knowing we will have some extra cost. A soda or two the first day along with other drinks are not going to hurt. We talked and agreed it is a vacation. Just pay attention the first day.

Edited by bearkatsmom

I just want to add, because you all just gave me a fright, the rule only hold for:

Due to state laws, we cannot sell CHEERS! until the second day of the cruise for voyages departing from our Texas, Alabama and New York home ports.

This doesn't include every other, over 2 day, cruise leaving from ports not listed.