Getting the most out of Shopping On-Board - Carnival Miracle

islacruzer

Anyone noticed that not all the jewelry sales are listed on the daily fun planners? On my last cruise, I caught a few sales when they were wrapping up and I felt like it would've been cool to get some of the discounted jewelry they had, but I noticed it wasn't advertised. I asked the personnel when the next sale would be and they said they didn't know, but it'll be soon. For those who love shopping on board, what tactics do you have to not miss that unadvertised sale? Is there a system that works? Going on the Miracle next year and would love to maximize my on board vacation experience.

Look for the papers delivered to your cabin each night.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Thanks SadieN, that's what i'm talking about though, some of those sales that I missed were unadvertised. There were definitely advertised sales but most of them weren't.

Cruise Director

They usually do announcements just after breakfast, then in the late afternoon before dinner.

Also, click in on the Morning Show, never know what's going to happen there.

Cruise Director

They usually do announcements just after breakfast, then in the late afternoon before dinner.

Also, click in on the Morning Show, never know what's going to happen there.

Thanks, great information!

Just an FYI. I have read that often times the sales they have on board are not really deals. Carnival will jack up the price knock off X amount of dollars and call it a sale when in reality you are really paying retail and in some cases more than you would off the ship. Its best of you know actual retail prices for items before you buy. I experienced this myself years ago on Carnival with watches and cologne so it is not out of the realm of possibility. Like with all things buyer beware.

The best advice we received was to purchase an internet plan through the ship and research the item you want to buy online first. We looked on Amazon and found the same watch we were looking at for 20% less (including shipping) than the "sale" price on the Miracle. Good luck.

The best advice we received was to purchase an internet plan through the ship and research the item you want to buy online first. We looked on Amazon and found the same watch we were looking at for 20% less (including shipping) than the "sale" price on the Miracle. Good luck.

And you will get much better customer service in the event of a problem via Amazon