Weather Update

IslandCruz

Since I'm sailing out of Baltimore this Sunday, I'm keeping a close eye on this storm. At this point I have no idea when the Pride will be back in Baltimore as Hermine will be directly in the path of the ship coming back from Freeport this weekend. I'm expecting a delay in arrival Sunday and a delay for our embarkation. Still a little too early to tell though.

At present, I don't see any need for changes. All we have right now is TS Hermine, and the way she is heading, you should be in the clear through this coming weekend.

093138W5_NL_sm.gif

Charleston and Baltimore cruises especially could very much be affected (Pride and Ecstasy).

I'm on Ecstasy leaving out of Charleston on Saturday...ugh! I hope it's above South Carolina by Saturday noon. I also hope we can fly in Saturday morning...flying from BWI to Charleston.

It should be well past by Sat morning. Weather here Saturday is supposed to be beautiful. We are preparing for bad weather Thursday night and we have already been advised not to go out on Friday if we do not have to. Charleston dries out really fast after the storms pass. Unless it stalls over Florida everything should be fine. Have a great cruise.

Ships returning through the Cuban channel and to Tampa may experience rough weather. But as the storm is projected to move through later tonight and early tomorrow, there'll probably be clearer sailing behind it. Flooding and wind damage could be an issue in the Tampa area. The storm is suppose to drop down to a sub tropical depression once it exits the mainland. I'd say JAX on Friday and maybe Sat could be affected. If the storm doesn't move out to sea it may work it's way north. But again, rain and rough seas will be the effect. So if you're leaving out of JAX, Charleston or Baltimore this weekend, just come prepared for a rough first day.

And to all in the projected path...Be Safe.

It should be well past by Sat morning. Weather here Saturday is supposed to be beautiful. We are preparing for bad weather Thursday night and we have already been advised not to go out on Friday if we do not have to. Charleston dries out really fast after the storms pass. Unless it stalls over Florida everything should be fine. Have a great cruise.

I hope your right.........that makes me feel alittle better:) Half Moon is on this trip and I REALLY don't want to miss it!!

That tropical wave should hit lesser Antilles by Sunday/Monday. I'm interested to see how it affects conquest sailing of grand Turk/la romana and then to Bonaire/Aruba.

CruisePsychRN- good idea. After I had the Mediterranean cyclone on Divina last fall I realized I'm taking it this trip. I was sicker than a dog with a broken foot on a knee scooter. Everyone kept trying to grab me before I retired to the room bc I was rolling one way and ship another.

Again, and to be more detailed this time, I do not see any cancelled cruises or likely any missed ports. Charleston, Baltimore? Do you know what force 8 means, maybe even 10? The ship can handle it; the question is, can you? You might just experience that for a while. It might be a rock 'n roll cruise for a bit.

Also, the more she stays close to or over land, the more energy she will lose.

We shall "sea" what happens. :D

At present, I don't see any need for changes. All we have right now is TS Hermine, and the way she is heading, you should be in the clear through this coming weekend.

093138W5_NL_sm.gif

This current path will make for an uncomfortable ride for us passengers sailing on the Sunshine 9/3 to NE/Canada. Sunday is supposed to be a sea day. Most likely sailing off the coast of long island.

This current path will make for an uncomfortable ride for us passengers sailing on the Sunshine 9/3 to NE/Canada. Sunday is supposed to be a sea day. Most likely sailing off the coast of long island.

You're on a ship, and mother nature is what she is. You're not always guaranteed smooth seas.

For me, and I realize I am an exception, I like the rough stuff from time-to-time. It keeps other folks in their cabins!

If you don't have "sea legs", reconsider cruising or booking at this time of year.:cool:

I have been on over 40 cruises. Sailed though some major storms including last Winter on the Anthem of the seas. That storm we encountered wind gusts over 135mph. I know the risks of sailing during hurricane season. No complaints here [emoji16][emoji16]

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

I leave Saturday out of FLL and nothing about a delayed ship, a ship itinerary change has been relayed...yet.

I leave out of Miami on Saturday too [emoji4] I've checked the ports of call for our sailing and, unfortunately, it looks like it's going to rain in 3 out of the 4 ports. It happens. Just going to make sure I bring an umbrella

You're on a ship, and mother nature is what she is. You're not always guaranteed smooth seas.

For me, and I realize I am an exception, I like the rough stuff from time-to-time. It keeps other folks in their cabins!

If you don't have "sea legs", reconsider cruising or booking at this time of year.:cool:

What Lou is saying is if you see a little white bags taped to the elevator entrance or surrounding areas ,you may be in for a ride :eek:.