A little Advice

Daddio919

1) It will possibly be a little chilly, but probably not so much so that you can't enjoy the water. We did a Bahamas cruise in January & it was day by day so I imagine you're clear in April. I did a key west/coz 1st week of May & it was hot the whole time. A little further south of course but no temp issues.

2) I prefer booking privately unless the cruiseline has a great deal. I've done Atlantis twice, but never the water park. In January we booked privately. Much cheaper than the cruiseline & my kids enjoyed the beaches & The Dig museum. We booked the Beach Day through Majestic Tours & took a cab over. Easy & cheaper than the cruiseline if your kids are set on going there.

HMC you'd have to book thru Carnival bc it's a private island. However, no excursion is needed really. You can relax & enjoy the beach for free. Lunch is provided as well.

Grand Turk also has a free beach right at the port. Margaritaville is right there as well with a pool. If you're into snorkeling, I highly recommend Grand Turk for it. Awesome experience. I booked through Carnival because I found the price & offering comparable to private excursions I researched. Others may be able to chime in with other suggestions for a private vendor.

3) I've never cruised in April, but I did a late March cruise once & some schools were on spring break. We noticed one instance of overly drunk college kids. Other than thay one experience, the crowds felt normal, not overly packed with kids & none were unruly.

Would just like to add that I also would not recommend Atlantis. We were lucky enough that when we went,(late 90's) it was not a cruise destination, at that time. We took a tree topper plane. We stayed a week and seeing now, how it is a port thing, and knowing how expensive the rooms are, food, etc...I would have surely been annoyed, at the crowds, for hotel guests to wade through. We were amazed that the time we went, that a simple hot dog was $9. I have read that now 2 burgers, FF, and 2 sodas, $100. Crazy trip, as a Hurricane (George?) don't remember, been through lots of them, came in the night we checked in. Turned out to be a good thing, financially. The resort was still just getting it together, and they refunded all our money, plus, when they had us all barricaded in banquet rooms, etc... there was free entertainment, free food, it was great!! The most we would have expected is maybe 1/2 off next stay.The one buffet we did before all this happened was $60. each and wasn't that good. And remember I am talking 90's. We went back while on a cruise 2014, and when we saw the crowds, felt very lucky that we got to experience it before the cruise ships took it over. As has been suggested, it is better to book the hotel next door and then just use the included facilities at Atlantis.

Last time we went we just walked around (we are big walkers) and was actually going to try to walk to Atlantis and the further we walked the seedier the neighborhood got. We were advised not to walk further. Anyway, we ended up at The Green Parrot Pub, they have their own website. Lots of fun and really good food. We had walked to a local beach before that.

Sorry to carry on so much, my main point is that it is just too expensive for the little time you will be there and the looooong lines you will be in. It really is a beautiful place though. Have fun and good luck whatever you decide!:)

One of the "secrets" that a 1st time cruiser probably won't know is that staying on the ship during a port day is GREAT. You have the ship almost all to yourself, so there are no lines for water slides; the pools aren't crowded; you have your choice of loungers on the Serenity deck; no lines for food at lunch, etc. Based on your itinerary, I would stay on the ship in Nassau as there are few interesting activities there for families that don't cost $$$.

You may still be able to book a room at the Comfort Suites next to Atlantis. It is their overflow hotel. So you have a room for the day... A plus Atlantis admission and charging privileges...13ef23efc9e03e0d7986bebb2bad77cf.jpg

I have cruised a LOT

I did a mock booking (2 adults and 2 kids) and it was $251 a day! If Atlantis is really what you wanted to do, this is the way to go! Heck the Comfort Inn looks great to just hang out for the day!