Gem kids club for 10 year old

baflagg

We are considering the GEM next summer and are looking for some feed back from anyone who has used the kids club with a 10 year old.

My husband read a review that he thought was saying the kids club is limited to only 20 kids at a time. I read a review earlier that said 10-12 year olds signed in at a conference room and that was there space.

Our daughter, she'll actually be almost 11 by the time we go doesn't spend a ton of time at the kids club but does like to pop in for a short time and participate in the different activities. I'm concerned for her age group the club may not be as fun as it is on the Breakaway and Dawn.

Appreciate any input

My son has been on the Pearl and Jewel, both while he was in the 10-12 age range.

We generally sail at off season (we homeschool, so have that flexibility) so I'm not sure about the peak season summer.

But, all that said, I've never heard of Norwegian saying only 20 kids could sign up for kids club.

When you embark, I suggest you go to the kids club and register your child. At that time, they will give you the Weekly schedule for activities for that age range. I think with that age, they do a lot of activities in various parts of the ship. Maybe in the summer months, there are a lot more kids, so they have a conference room for a meeting/gathering place for them. I know my son always loved when this age group got to "take over" the teen club a morning or 2 during the cruise. The teen groups never meet that early in the morning, so they let the 10-12 y/o use for a short time.

Also, kids in the 10-12 age range can be given the ability to sign in/out of the program by their parents. Now a rule on that is they must stay in the program for 2 hours before being able to sign out themselves. Of course the parent can sign them in or out at any time. Something we did a lot was if my son went for an early activity, he'd ask me to call the center an hour in to make sure he was having fun or other kids showed up for the activity. He he wanted out prior to the 2 hours, I'd check him out. Most of the time, he said he was fine. Also, it was nice at dinner time. He always enjoyed the evening activities the most. He would usually finish dinner first and then run and check himself into the club. Finally, he would also check into the club in the afternoons, say about an hour before closing time. (On sea days, club closes from 12-2 and 5-7) So if he checked in at say 11am, he was allowed to sign himself out at noon, as it was closing time.

Hope this info was helpful.

Have a great cruise!