Empress of the Seas - Great "Little" Ship

mistymusic

Not really. That was our one major complaint for the entire cruise. Nothing really going on during the day on sea days....at least that we wanted to do. If you are into belly-flopping and the love and marriage game...then you would be all set. LOL I'm sure it's because it's a very small ship but we love music, the pool, etc. Pool is very small and far too crowded for enjoyment. While it's a nice little ship, it isn't one we will sail again. We are very much into the Vision Class size, although our November cruise is on the Freedom so it will be interesting to see how we feel about that size.

We were on the Empress sailing from August 25- 29, so the sailing immediately following yours. Perhaps we will be sailing with you on Freedom in November. We are embarking on 11/20 and sailing over Thanksgiving.

As you say, the pool area is very tight but the upper pool deck with the hammocks is very nice. Also the outdoor pool buffet on the sea day was nice.

I just relaxed in one of those hammocks, they are nice :). Enjoy getting to dock by Mallory sq in key west, was nice to just get off the ship and walk for awhile

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

On our cruise we never made it to Key West.....they rerouted us to Nassau and we had a sea day instead of Key West....which was fine, since on the day we would have been in Key West it rained all day, while we had wonderful weather 'floating at sea'. So I missed my frozen key lime pie on a stick dipped in chocolate.

I am glad you enjoyed those hammocks....I would love them to be put on all the ships....so relaxing especially when it is a sea day, and the hammock sways a little as the ship moves.

Not exactly. more "hotel" space (stacks of cabin decks), but significantly shorter.

I am looking forward to booking when Cuba opens

Length has NOTHING to do with it, total volume does, but this is lost on many, including yourself.

Little doubt you can't wait to support the Castro regime. :mad: