Koningsdam: Cat. CQ Spa Oceanview

Lady Arwen

We're booked into cabin #10003 on Koningsdam for 14 nights this spring to the Mediterranean. We decided not to book our standard veranda, due to the potential smoking issue (a different thread for a different time). This cabin is forward on deck 10, quite near the spa, which is really not important to us, but it looks quite large compared to the standard oceanview cabin.

Has anyone on c.c. stayed in one of these cabins and would you have any photos? Could you please share what extra amenities are offered, if any, because of the "spa" category.

I appreciate any input you may have regarding these spa cabins.

Hi, in my May cruise on Koningsdam I was in an inside spa stateroom. Oceanview cabins are a little bit larger with a small sofa, bathroom is the same. The differences with other standard cabins are: access to yoga mats, an iPod docking station, Loofah mitt, pedometer, bath salts, Vitamin Water (not complementary) and a special Spa Service Menu, but we hadn't neither bath salts nor special Spa menu. In my opinion these staterooms can be interesting only for position. They are on 9 and 10 decks , next to Spa , lido market buffet, swimming pool....

Here the link to my previuos post, I hope it can help you!

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2355937[/url]

Hi, in my May cruise on Koningsdam I was in an inside spa stateroom. Oceanview cabins are a little bit larger with a small sofa, bathroom is the same. The differences with other standard cabins are: access to yoga mats, an iPod docking station, Loofah mitt, pedometer, bath salts, Vitamin Water (not complementary) and a special Spa Service Menu, but we hadn't neither bath salts nor special Spa menu. In my opinion these staterooms can be interesting only for position. They are on 9 and 10 decks , next to Spa , lido market buffet, swimming pool....

Here the link to my previuos post, I hope it can help you!

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2355937[/url]

Thank you! The spa amenities are really not worth anything to us, but we like the larger cabin and the location. Still waiting for someone with a photo of one of these cabins!

We cruised in an inside spa cabin.

I don't have any pictures but our cabin steward let me peek into one of the front ocean views.

They looked much larger and I think the windows would have a great view. I am all for booking one if we go again. I loved the location even though I was a bit nervous about the possible motion. (there was none)

The spa amenities were questionable. A yoga mat without enough floor space to use it and a docking station for the Ipod I don't own. The 3 vitamin waters were complimentary on our cruise.

Thanks, everyone for your input. I guess I'll just have to wait and see the cabin when we board! Did a search, but nothing for Koningsdam oceanview spa cabins. Not a problem, we have a nice cabin and a window! We really don't need a yoga mat, though.

• 6 months later...
Thanks, everyone for your input. I guess I'll just have to wait and see the cabin when we board! Did a search, but nothing for Koningsdam oceanview spa cabins. Not a problem, we have a nice cabin and a window! We really don't need a yoga mat, though.

Did you go on your cruise? We have the exact same cabin booked this fall! Would love to get your input and a photo! Thanks!

Did you go on your cruise? We have the exact same cabin booked this fall! Would love to get your input and a photo! Thanks!
We cruise on April 30th for 14 days and we are now in a balcony cabin. Since it will be our first time to Europe, we don't want to miss anything! Sorry, I can't help with your cabin choice, but someone else may be able to.

• 1 year later...

We're booked in a CQ cabin on Koningsdam next April. It is really hard to find pictures or reviews of this cabin type (two of the 3 reviews on Cruise Critic are actually for other cabin types).

Cruisedeckplans.com has three pictures of CQ 10003 and they make it look quite spacious.