Question about Navigator Transatlantic

Navigator is scheduled for a 13 night Transatlantic in Nov of 2017, Southampton to Miami. However, it stops in NY on night 9 & 10. Would they let passengers off there instead of making them continue to Miami? Do people do this?

Sure, it can be done. However you must arrange it with the cruise line in advance.

http://www.royalcaribbean.com/customersupport/faq/details.do?pagename=frequently_asked_questions&pnav=5&pnav=2&faqType=faq&faqSubjectId=322&faqSubjectName=Before+You+Purchase+&faqId=623

Navigator is scheduled for a 13 night Transatlantic in Nov of 2017, Southampton to Miami. However, it stops in NY on night 9 & 10. Would they let passengers off there instead of making them continue to Miami? Do people do this?

You can do it if you get permission from Royal Caribbean. It's referred to as downlining, and I have a friend who did it last year. Call RC and get the paperwork rolling.

Very cool, thanks!

You're welcome.

For others who may be reading, this is legal because the ship is not coming from the US. If the cruise had started in the US, the PVSA law would prohibit getting off at a different US port without visiting a distant foreign port.

You're welcome.

For others who may be reading, this is legal because the ship is not coming from the US. If the cruise had started in the US, the PVSA law would prohibit getting off at a different US port without visiting a distant foreign port.

Interesting. My friend got on At Bayonne, and off in Halifax. It was a closed loop from Bayonne. Was Halifax considered a distant port? I know in the Caribbean it means going to the ABC islands.

Interesting. My friend got on At Bayonne, and off in Halifax. It was a closed loop from Bayonne. Was Halifax considered a distant port? I know in the Caribbean it means going to the ABC islands.

Halifax is not a US port. The PVSA law does not apply unless the cruise starts and ends in a US port.

Please re-read. It was a closed loop from Bayonne and she got off in Halifax.

It does not matter what cruise is planned for the ship as a whole, it only matters what cruise the passenger takes.

If the passenger gets on in Bayonne and gets off in Halifax, it's not a closed loop cruise for that passenger. Nor is that passenger subject to the PVSA law because the cruise (for them) was not US port to US port.

It does not matter what cruise is planned for the ship as a whole, it only matters what cruise the passenger takes.

If the passenger gets on in Bayonne and gets off in Halifax, it's not a closed loop cruise for that passenger. Nor is that passenger subject to the PVSA law because the cruise (for them) was not US port to US port.

Clear as mud, but ok. Did you really think I didn't know Halifax wasn't a port in the US? Lol. Happy sailing.

To the person who started the thread, just call RC. Good luck!

Clear as mud, but ok. Did you really think I didn't know Halifax wasn't a port in the US? Lol. Happy sailing.

To the person who started the thread, just call RC. Good luck!

Actually, the responses Bob gave you are as clear as glass. Get the Windex out.:cool:

Living in Halifax, I've often thought about doing a TA and getting off in Halifax. However, I'm going to miss 2 nights or so of the cruise that I've already paid for. So it kind of "adds" to the cost of the per night cruise (IE, paying for a 14 night cruise but only taking 12 nights of it)

Living in Halifax, I've often thought about doing a TA and getting off in Halifax. However, I'm going to miss 2 nights or so of the cruise that I've already paid for. So it kind of "adds" to the cost of the per night cruise (IE, paying for a 14 night cruise but only taking 12 nights of it)

But don't you save some money not having to pay air?

Plus, on that last day, you can get off anytime before the ship leaves, no rush.

Actually, the responses Bob gave you are as clear as glass. Get the Windex out.:cool:

If you ever get bored with your "day job", please consider a stint as a cruise ship comedian and let us know where you'll be. Not many make me LOL but love your wit!:D