Sorry confused about the new beverage package eff 9-6-16?

shelby2002

I sail in 3 weeks if I purchase the select or premium package today, and they change the beverage packages on 9-6-16 does our selected packages automatically go to the ultimate package? What I mean is if we purchase the beer and wine package today when we sail on 9-24-16 will that package go to the ultimate or will it stay just the beer and wine package? Thanks for any help.

Do what I just did. I added the Premium Package today at $388pp and you will automatically upgraded to the Deluxe package when on board.

What does "Select package will be honored as is until depleted" mean? I sail in April, will the select package be depleted by then? Or will I be forced to upgrade at cost?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

That just means until every pre-purchased select package has been used.

My Select package was a free perk at the time of booking would it cost the difference or the whole cost of the Premium package?

You can only upgrade onboard so you'd have to buy the full package if you wanted to now.

My colleague also onboard this weekend rang today and was told we will be able to upgrade to Premium onboard which will become Deluxe. I guess we will find out on Sunday [emoji3]. I've got the unlimited internet package so will post the results on this thread .

Sent from my iPad using Forums

You can only upgrade onboard so you'd have to buy the full package if you wanted to now.

My colleague also onboard this weekend rang today and was told we will be able to upgrade to Premium onboard which will become Deluxe. I guess we will find out on Sunday [emoji3]. I've got the unlimited internet package so will post the results on this thread .

email to customer services and there response

from me:-Issue: Hi as part of the offer at booking we were given the select beverage

package. On board we planned to upgrade this to the premium. However I

understand that a new drinks package comes out on the 6th sept and that

both the select and the premium will disappear. Will we still be able to

pay to upgrade on board and if so will we now need to upgrade to the new

more expensive deluxe beverage package? If so how much will that cost?

RCCL Response

We thank you for your email regarding your cruise holiday.

Yes, you will be able to upgrade to our Deluxe Package and you will need to

pay around $25.00 to $30.00 per day, person.

If you need anything else, please let us know. Thank you for your time.

Yours Sincerely,

Bryan Quan

Customer Service | UK & Ireland

Royal Caribbean International |0844 493 4005

email to customer services and there response

from me:-Issue: Hi as part of the offer at booking we were given the select beverage

package. On board we planned to upgrade this to the premium. However I

understand that a new drinks package comes out on the 6th sept and that

both the select and the premium will disappear. Will we still be able to

pay to upgrade on board and if so will we now need to upgrade to the new

more expensive deluxe beverage package? If so how much will that cost?

RCCL Response

We thank you for your email regarding your cruise holiday.

Yes, you will be able to upgrade to our Deluxe Package and you will need to

pay around $25.00 to $30.00 per day, person.

If you need anything else, please let us know. Thank you for your time.

Yours Sincerely,

Bryan Quan

Customer Service | UK & Ireland

Royal Caribbean International |0844 493 4005

The usual then where you get different answers. We have a advisors name and number that says Premium pricing would be offered as we have no chance of upgrading beforehand lol..

The usual then where you get different answers. We have a advisors name and number that says Premium pricing would be offered as we have no chance of upgrading beforehand lol..

They have said the same info I got several times now on twitter. There are quite a few people asking the same thing and most are not too happy about it.

If I were you I would get that agent to confirm that info in an email as I can assure you trying to get the desk on the ship to believe you is a no go. Last year one of the directors had sorted out an major problem for us and put $150 on our account. It wasn't there when we got on board and nothing made them contact him to check what we were saying. We had to wait until we got home to get the $150 dollars credited to our account.

So I now have to pay $25 per day instead of $11 a day to upgrade my package a Jump of in excess of 100% cheers for nothing RC

So I now have to pay $25 per day instead of $11 a day to upgrade my package a Jump of in excess of 100% cheers for nothing RC

Seems very unfair to me, to devalue your package, after you can do nothing about it.

In reply to Single Cruiser's email post above, does that mean the upgrade from Select to Deluxe as Premium is no longer available will be a jump of $25 per day not what it used to be $11 per day?[emoji33][emoji27] an increase of in excess of 100% cheers for nothing RCI

In reply to Single Cruiser's email post above, does that mean the upgrade from Select to Deluxe as Premium is no longer available will be a jump of $25 per day not what it used to be $11 per day?[emoji33][emoji27] an increase of in excess of 100% cheers for nothing RCI

Sounds like it yes

And you're already getting beer / wine included if you've reserved a cruise fare that included the select package so it's hardly nothing ?

It's you're choice if you want to upgrade, they're not forcing you to

Not forcing no but when the onboard TA suggested that you take the Select package and upgrade on board for $11 per day it was a done deal and I booked, as I drink mixed drinks and cocktails on board the cost of this was built into by choice of booking, when I have a £4500 booking to be told you need to find a further $196 per person to get the same package as I booked on day one seems unfair.

Not forcing no but when the onboard TA suggested that you take the Select package and upgrade on board for $11 per day it was a done deal and I booked, as I drink mixed drinks and cocktails on board the cost of this was built into by choice of booking, when I have a £4500 booking to be told you need to find a further $196 per person to get the same package as I booked on day one seems unfair.

Maybe the TA can help cover the higher cost to upgrade?

It was the TA onboard my last cruise not that easy to speak with her.

If you mean the Next Cruise salesperson onboard, then I'd try contacting C&A and tell them you were promised an $11 per day upgrade when you booked.

Contacted RCI and they said I'll be able to upgrade to Premium onboard but that would be Deluxe. The inference being those with old packages can pay but those who hadn't got one could only buy the new ones.

However others have asked and got the reply no upgrade to Deluxe.

I'll have that discussion/argument - never a good way to start a cruise when I board on Sunday..

Do what I just did. I added the Premium Package today at $388pp and you will automatically upgraded to the Deluxe package when on board.

Unless your price was a typo you probably want to cancel again and buy the new Deluxe Package. The current (discounted) price of the Deluxe is $46 day. For seven days with 18% gratuities added you would pay $379.96

Edited by Geeocacher

Just to let you know that for our Harmony Jan 28 2017 cruise the deluxe package is now being sold for $ 396,48 ($48 + 18 %). So we saved $ 18 / pkg by booking premiums on Monday.

Ditto for the 12/3 sailing. I canceled Ultimate ($53) in favor of Premium ($47) on Monday. Saved close to $100 for two packages. Now I have another question:

Does anyone think my "order history" will change to show Deluxe, will I get a "notification of upgrade" email from Royal, or will I just get the proper sticker at boarding time?

Ditto for the 12/3 sailing. I canceled Ultimate ($53) in favor of Premium ($47) on Monday. Saved close to $100 for two packages. Now I have another question:

Does anyone think my "order history" will change to show Deluxe, will I get a "notification of upgrade" email from Royal, or will I just get the proper sticker at boarding time?

I would like to know this as well. My history still shows premium. My guess would be the proper sticker would be applied on board. I am a "In writing" kind of person. I hope it updates on my cruise planner.