Lobster in Breakaway Haven recently?

SailBreakaway

Real quick question. We just sailed the Getaway in Haven for first time. We are extremely frequent BA Haven guests. The Lobster tail on Getaway in the surf and turf was a very small lobster, split down the middle front to back giving us half a tail (rest of insides removed although lobster shell remained. So at the end of the day we got half of a tail from a really small lobster. Last time we were on Breakaway (and all times prior) in May, we got a full tail removed from the lobster and the waitress would remove the meat from the tail and it was a substantial piece of lobster. I'd say what we got on Getaway this weekend was 1/3 of what we were used to on the BA.

So those in Haven on BA very recently, what did you get for lobster tail? Half from split tiny lobster or full tail from a decent size lobster?

Thanks. I'm curious.

Edited by SailBreakaway

Say it isn't so!!!! That really upsets me. Not just because of the lobster but because of the point of it. I just told my wife, next time, we will save our money, get me a cabana in the Vibe for somewhere quiet to go and I'll purchase the SDP for Cagneys.... Done. Keep the Haven and I'll keep money in my pocket. What's with these guys?

You know as passengers, esp as Haven guests if you've been one, we need to let the board members of this cruise line know they're leadership is making what I think (and if you agree, you don't have to) are bad decisions in the long term. So now we've taken away Lobster in the Haven (and when you do Haven we all pay enough that's for sure) and taken Flamingo/Uptown away, and replaced it with another al a carte place. It isn't about any one of those changes, but the overall change in business decisions.

I'm sorry, it just upsets me. Well, I have choices, and I can take my business elsewhere if I choose, and so I do get that. Perhaps I will next time. Once my Cruise Next deposits are used up.

Okay. I'm done venting. I wasn't expecting that answer. So I guess GA and Escape aren't far behind in losing Lobster in Haven.

Edited by SailBreakaway

Say it isn't so!!!! That really upsets me. Not just because of the lobster but because of the point of it. I just told my wife, next time, we will save our money, get me a cabana in the Vibe for somewhere quiet to go and I'll purchase the SDP for Cagneys.... Done. Keep the Haven and I'll keep money in my pocket. What's with these guys?

You know as passengers, esp as Haven guests if you've been one, we need to let the board members of this cruise line know they're leadership is making what I think (and if you agree, you don't have to) are bad decisions in the long term. So now we've taken away Lobster in the Haven (and when you do Haven we all pay enough that's for sure) and taken Flamingo/Uptown away, and replaced it with another al a carte place. It isn't about any one of those changes, but the overall change in business decisions.

I'm sorry, it just upsets me. Well, I have choices, and I can take my business elsewhere if I choose, and so I do get that. Perhaps I will next time. Once my Cruise Next deposits are used up.

Okay. I'm done venting. I wasn't expecting that answer. So I guess GA and Escape aren't far behind in losing Lobster in Haven.

We have been in the Haven 3 times on Getaway. The only time that there was lobster was on seafood night. The addition and subsequent removal of lobster every night was recent . We cruised in 2014 and twice in 2015 and there was not lobster. There was only the split up lobster on seafood night, all three times. As the menus were the same on BA and GA for the Haven, this should not come as a surprise or shock.

What I found surprising was that there was whole Maine lobster offered for the time period it was offered- maybe a 6 month period? Maybe less.

if you have cruised Breakaway frequently you know that the HAVEN restaurant did not always offer lobster except at seafood night and perhaps surf and turf.

I don't understand the issue. Not being contrary, I just don't get it.

I never expected lobster or had the lobster option in the Haven.