What is the kindest thing you have seen or experienced on a cruise?

benanjerry

I was waiting in line at Guest Services to give them a credit card for my on-board account. There was a lady complaining about a noise in her cabin in front of me. Guest

Services said they would have it checked, but the lady wouldn't go. Finally, after 15 minutes, they offered the lady a bottle of wine. She smiled and walked away with the wine. I apologized to the staff, after hearing the conversation and her refusal to go. I just told them, the lady probably did that every cruise to get a freebie. The staff smiled, took my credit card and gave me a bottle of wine and thanked me. I was walking away

and they called me back and gave me a free dinner at a specialty restaurant, too. Being

nice works both ways in life!

Good work in being rewarded for just being nice.:D

I was visiting guest services once to sort out some cash and I was eating a cookie from the Cafe'. One of the girls remarked that it looked nice, so a bit later that day, I came back with a plate full of cookies, one each for them all behind the counter. I never had to wait at Guest services again, they would see me coming and call me over to the concierge area.:D

Hi Nana,

This was so nice for you. I once golfed with a pair of sisters from Canada who cruise ALLOT and this sounds just like them. Was one of their names Anne?

This thread is great.

I believe we have different sets of sisters. Mine never mentioned golf. Canada must be filled with matched sets of wonderful cruising sisters.

I hope to meet them again somewhere in the world.

Smooth sailing

6boysnana

We were on HAL's Prinsendam on our first Mediterranean cruise and about half way through (day 7 or 8) I came down with a terrible cold. I did my best to get through the day staying in our cabin, but I didn't want to subject a bunch of people to my germs over dinner, so I sent DH to the dining room on his own. I felt awful, knowing that night was going to have rack of lamb on the menu, but thought it best to stay where I was. I figured I could always order something from room service to keep me going.

About an hour after DH left the cabin, there was a knock at the door; our Head Waiter stood there with a large tray containing my dinner - rack of lamb and all the trimmings - because he didn't want me to miss having my favourite. He also brought me the dessert menu and said he would return with my order shortly. I was so touched, I almost cried - what a dear man he was. I tried to tip him and he absolutely refused, so I made sure to write a note to his supervisor to comment on his exemplary service - which he thanked me profusely for the next time we came to the dining room.

Smooth Sailing ! :) :) :)

I am not certain, but your note was probably better for him than a tip. Those notes help staff get promotions. I always try to send notes to the front desk when someone does something great for us.

I am not certain, but your note was probably better for him than a tip. Those notes help staff get promotions. I always try to send notes to the front desk when someone does something great for us.

Tips are short term gain while the comment cards help for long term gains as in promotions and raises in salary. Both is even better.:D

We took a Carnival cruise in January and when we were debarking, one of our kiddos put their Nintendo case (which consisted of 2 3DS and + 20 games) :0 . It was left somewhere in the building where security was.

I called Carnival a week or so after, just to see if by chance something was turned in, they got me in touch with a Port employee, who had found it and was held it with hopes that we'd call. The gentleman mailed it to us in Canada. It so incredibly nice of them!

We also had an instance where we were able to help someone on that same cruise. A lady also sailing on the same ship was assaulted while in port. We came across her on the dock and she was crying and scared. We stayed with her until she was ready to walk, accompanied her onto to ship, took her to her room and my DH had a nice chat with her husband on how LEAVING YOUR WIFE IN A STRANGE COUNTY WITH NO MONEY is terrible idea. Then we notified Carnival security what had happened and she would need to have medical care. I gave her our name, room number and cell #, if she needed anything to call, my heart broke for her :(

I'm glad we got the chance to meet her and think of her often, I hope she's ok :(

Edited by Dearabby_84