Table for 10 britannia restaurant

lexilexi07

Hello.

My sister and her family, my parents, me and my family (10 in total) have all booked on the QM2 next year. We all booked at different times and I was the last to book. I asked the agent at the time if he could link our bookings and request at table of 10 for the early seating and he advised that the system would not allow to book a table of 10.

It's been many years since traveling on the QM2 however I'm sure I remember seeing tables of 10, is that correct?

What do you think my chances of going straight to the Britannia when we embark and request a table of 10?

Any other tips on how to go about this? i.e is there a tables of 6 and 4 next to each other?

Thanks in advance

There are definitely tables of 10 I was on one in August. Great table mates all singles apart from us (& we're not married so) so I don't know if they use the larger tables mainly for solo travellers? If any of you paid the Cunard fare I'd suggest they contact Cunard in advance and see if they can help you but failing that I'd certainly think it worth going straight to Britannia to ask.

Assuming all of your reservations are now linked it should be possible to request a 6-top and an adjoining 4-top. Once on QV we were even successful in requesting a specific table number (there are nice tables for six along the back windows).

We once had a table for 11(!) on another QV cruise but I don't remember tables on QM2 getting that large, which agrees with what you have been told.

Talk to your agent again ... there ARE tables for 10 in Britannia dinning, I'vw been on three. One is just inside D-Stairs starboard entrance, two are center lst balcony either side, and a 10 can be made most anywhere. Your agent either doesn't know or is lazy. I'd think he'd try for you upon your request. Handle it ... have all your family bookings request the link to be together at a 10. If agent is still negative have him contact me and I'll teach him how to do it. When this is resolved and all are told you are together, still, upon boarding take your dinning assignment card and check the table number is a ten. If it isn't and should have been, I'm sure the maître d' will accommodate you.

So I contacted my travel agent. He advised that after we left he linked all our bookings therefore we should then be allocated seating together however he couldn't tell me what table or table size we had been allocated but we are definitely all linked together but to be on the safe side go to the restaurant when we bored to check our allocation. Should I trust that this will work?

Well, I say he is now trying. As long as he has told Cunard several cabins want to link together and dine at one table, a count of 10, and has given them names, you should be set. Dinning table numbers can change voyage to voyage, so he might not be able to obtain a table number until just before the sailing, if at all. It seems ok to me. Still to be sure, upon boarding you'll find in your cabin a dinning card with a table number. Do go into Britannia and check that the table is a 10.

Two separate issues are being discussed here and appear to have been linked as one. Yes there are certainly tables for 10 in the dining room, but when making a booking, the Cunard system only allows you to book for, or indeed link, to tables up to 8 people. They are not saying that they don't have tables for 10, it's just that they can't be pre-booked. In essence your TA is absolutely correct.

I would think that an early visit to the dining room once you're on board would get you your table for 10.

Good luck anyway.