To upgrade drinks package or not? That is the question ..

We are booked in the Indy September next year two week cruise from Southampton. Included in the deal we got a free basic drinks package which covers soft drink beer and wine. My hubby drinks beer and wine where as I don't I am a spirit drinker.. Does any one know roughly how much we would be to upgrade the drinks package so that spirits are also included. We were thinking prob in the region of £400 for us both?? But as we have never been on Royal carribean before have no idea of the prices of the drinks on board X

Lesley

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Not sure, since the drink packages have been changed and we've gotten no onboard reports yet, but someone posted earlier around $25 per day to upgrade.

I got an email from customer services saying $25-$30 per person - double what we had originally been told when we booked.

We are booked in the Indy September next year two week cruise from Southampton. Included in the deal we got a free basic drinks package which covers soft drink beer and wine. My hubby drinks beer and wine where as I don't I am a spirit drinker.. Does any one know roughly how much we would be to upgrade the drinks package so that spirits are also included. We were thinking prob in the region of £400 for us both?? But as we have never been on Royal carribean before have no idea of the prices of the drinks on board X

Lesley

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Hi,

They have just launched a BOGOHP deal on Indy cruises out of Southampton next year and its likely yours is included in the deal.It also comes with free "all inclusive drinks package" which is essentially the new deluxe package.

Depending on how much you paid it may be worth cancelling and rebooking.

What sort of cabin are you in ?

To rebook today in an inside cabin is £3662.44 with Gratuities included

You'd also be getting the new 'deluxe package' for you and your husband

Offset the total loss of deposit paid already (presumably £450) against the cost to rebook today vs the upgrade price of the drinks pacakge (Around £630 maximum maybe)

Then decide if it's cheaper to cancel and re-book

Edited by swoopy2110

it also cost us $10 per person per day to upgrade from select to premium. as it costs $10 for one spirit drink or about $12 per cocktail having more than one drink per day made this worth while. I wonder what RCL will do with the bookings that include a drinks package that no longer exists - might be worth checking with TA or RCL

Edited by candygone

• 1 month later...