Queen Victoria T/A April 2017

Cruzinram

New to Cunard and considering the T/A crossing April 2017 Fll to Southhampton. Will be watching prices, but by waiting until after final payment what should I expect in the way of pricing for a Balcony

How long is a piece of string?:D

andhow

New to Cunard and considering the T/A crossing April 2017 Fll to Southhampton. Will be watching prices, but by waiting until after final payment what should I expect in the way of pricing for a Balcony
Hi Cruzinram,

A large price rise between the prices given now... and those shown after final payment as the voyage is popular.

Or,

A big price drop between now and a few weeks out as the trip isn't selling well,

Or,

The voyage to sell-out completely long before final payment date.

Or,

The grades you are interested in to sell-out before final payment.

Any of the above are possible, it is a gamble.

I've been very lucky on a couple of QM2 transatlantic crossings and got amazing bargains... and lost out on a couple of cruises because I waited for a price drop that never happened...

Now I just book the voyage I want, in the cabin grade I am happy with, at a price within my budget. And never check the prices after I've made my final balance payment ;)

Hope this helps :)

Edited by pepperrn

This may be a continuation of "How long is a piece of string" but here goes... ;)

Booking from the United States:

How does Cunard handle price drops Before the 120 cancel period?

Cancel/rebook or just lower the rate or something else.

How does Cunard handle price drops after 120 day cancel period?

Thanks in Advance. :)

Considering that Victoria will be returning to Soton on the last legs of her 2017 World Cruise, she might well be running pretty full. She isn't often in this hemisphere, so there's that from Ft. Lauderdale, additional people wanting to sample her or be on again without having to go to Soton to board. Balcony cabins could be sold through. Waiting until after final payment for the Lauderdale-Soton segment and hoping then to get a "deal," you might find yourself out of luck. Not just no balcony cabins, but no cabins at all. If you must be on Victoria and on that segment, I'd not gamble and would book now.