OT: Melia Turquesa

tarheelmjfan

DH and I are booked for the 1st week of January for my birthday. You can go to Apple Vacations website, scroll down and click on the "Travel Advisory" and it will take you to a page that lists all the hotels. As of this morning, the hotel is closed until 12/15. It seems that all the resorts are closed until early to mid December right now. I am checking that every couple of days and really think that by the 1st of January everything will be OK.....at least I hope so! We really need this vacation. I would think that the honeymoon should be OK......the way I am looking at it is that everything will be new! ;)

Tarheelmjfan, I hope you get this in time. We have had to cancell the trip to Melia Turquesa in January because according to Apple Vacations website, the resort is going to be closed until 2/28/06. There are other resorts that are predicting an earlier reopening time, but we didn't want to take any chances, so we have cancelled and are keeping an eye on the situation, and will probably rebook when the plans are a little clearer. BUT-I know that your neice doesn't have the option to wait and see for the honeymoon! Just thought that I would keep you up to date with my information. Good luck!

Archived