Zenith on 12/3 and I have a few questions

Barry ATL

Barry, I will tell you the one thing (and the only thing, IMHO) that is bad about Zenith. The chairs in the Rendesvouz lounge are the most uncomfortable I have ever seen. They have pillows scattered about and those help a little but the chairs are very hard on the back. Other than that, we love this little gem of a ship. I am sorry they are getting rid of her in a year or so. i wish we could persuade them to keep her.

I think we could save Celebrity some big bucks...let's tell them that, instead of putting the ship in drydock for 2 weeks just to change the linens, they can give us each a $100 credit on our bar tab and we'll bring our own sheets. Heck, make it $150 and I'll bring my own beach towel, too.

Remember,

Drydock is required every 2yrs or so. To check out the ships hull and props and other things according to the Coast Gaurd regs. At this time they also clean the hull and props and paint below the water line.

BarryATL...what if you are on a 7 day cruise? Do you just drip dry for the last two days?:rolleyes:

jessemon... you must be careful with that wit of yours. One of the businesses I own is in Lake Charles, LA and was damaged by Rita. Becasue of that I am living in a hotel room and eating out while we get building repairs done. I am using my cellular data card and reading this board while having dinner in a quiet creole restaurant. When I read you little post, I burst out laughing and got stares from many. Oh well... it was only a minute before they went back to their boudin balls and crawfish etouffeé. ;)

jessemon... you must be careful with that wit of yours. One of the businesses I own is in Lake Charles, LA and was damaged by Rita. Becasue of that I am living in a hotel room and eating out while we get building repairs done. I am using my cellular data card and reading this board while having dinner in a quiet creole restaurant. When I read you little post, I burst out laughing and got stares from many. Oh well... it was only a minute before they went back to their boudin balls and crawfish etouffeé. ;)

BarryALT,

That wouldn't be the etouffee' in cream sauce would it? I'd kill for a dish of that from Prey Jean's in Lafayette, LA.:D Let me know the next time you will be eating there and I'll find something to comment on.

I don't have a business in Lafayette, LA, however, I do pass through as I drive to and from home in Atlanta. I will have to stop one time and give it a try. Here in Lake Charles, LA the big Cajun seafood place is Steam Boat Bill's. I have discovered those boudin (pronounced boo-dan) balls are just wonderful... some of the best food I have ever had. Of course, it is very healthy. ;)

Barry,

Your not being very nice talking about all the wonderful food we can't get here in Connecticut! Want some swordfish?

I have been away from home for about a month and really have only had sit down restarants open in the last couple of weeks due to the hurricane. The first two weeks it was fast food or the microwave in the hotel room. Anyways, with all of this eating out I have started to have cravings... and the thing that keeps popping in my mind are lump crab cakes from Legal Seafood in Boston. I have had them twice and they were sooooo good. Of course... a bunch of cruisers would never be interested in food! ;)

Who us be interested in food???? It's like when were on our boat, all we do is plan the next meal!!! I'll send you some Legal Seafood. Did you know they have a restaurant in Boca Raton, Fl?

They have a location in Boca? Are you sure it is as good as Boston. I want some of the real deal. :)

Food? On our Princess trip last year they served High Tea everyday. Here was our typical schedule:

8:00-9:00 AM Breakfast

9:00-11:30AM Some other stuff with a snack in there somewhere

11:30AM-12:30PM Lunch in the Dining Room

12:30PM-3:00PM Some other stuff with a snack

3:00-4:00PM High Tea with extras on all of those little sandwiches

4:00-6:15PM Some other stuff with a nap

6:15-8:45PM Dinner in the Dining Room

8:45-11:30PM Some other stuff with drinks and a snack

11:30PM-12:30AM The Midnight Buffet

12:30-3:00AM Sleep

3:00-3:30AM Snack from room service

3:30-7:30AM Sleep

As you can see... we tried to squeeze a few things in between our food. :D

They have a location in Boca? Are you sure it is as good as Boston. I want some of the real deal. :)

Food? On our Princess trip last year they served High Tea everyday. Here was our typical schedule:

8:00-9:00 AM Breakfast

9:00-11:30AM Some other stuff with a snack in there somewhere

11:30AM-12:30PM Lunch in the Dining Room

12:30PM-3:00PM Some other stuff with a snack

3:00-4:00PM High Tea with extras on all of those little sandwiches

4:00-6:15PM Some other stuff with a nap

6:15-8:45PM Dinner in the Dining Room

8:45-11:30PM Some other stuff with drinks and a snack

11:30PM-12:30AM The Midnight Buffet

12:30-3:00AM Sleep

3:00-3:30AM Snack from room service

3:30-7:30AM Sleep

As you can see... we tried to squeeze a few things in between our food. :D

BarryAtl,

Hope you squeeeezed something in between 3:30-7:30AM sleep & 8:00-9:00AM breakfast.:eek: Hope you were not eating dinner again when you saw this.:p

Barry,
I have friends who ate there and said it's the real deal. I read the menu, looks the same. Legal Seafood is in the Town Centre Mall at the Glades Rd. exit off 95N. in Boca. We will be in Fl for the winter starting Dec. 15. so we'll probably check it out at some point. We will be cruising on the Zenith in Jan and are hoping you'll fill us in on what happened in drydock, the good, bad and ugly. Were all gaining weight just reading this thread!

I definatley have the "cruise syndrone". I just had a bowl of cereal for breakfast and I'm already thinking about supper. I am still in Lake Charles, LA and I am in the mood for some boiled shrimp (boiled in a spicey, cajun water). For sides I want some corn on the cob, sausage links, and whole red potatoes. All of those will be boiled in the same water as the shrimp. Supper hell! After typing this, I want it for lunch! :)

Archived