Suggestions for last day in St. Martin (with luggage)

wumav

We are sailing on the Star Clipper from St. Martin on 11/26. Does anyone have any suggestions for how we could spend the last day (Saturday) before we go back to the airport?

I'm assuming we'll probably be kicked off the ship by 9am, but our flight doesn't leave until 3:45pm. I can't imagine we would go right to the airport from the cruise pier, but I'm not sure what we can do during the day since we will have to haul our luggage with us everywhere we go.

Has anyone dealt with this before? Any suggestions?

I'm not sure where you can check your luggage as I have not cruised the Star Clipper from St. Martin. But I have been in St. Martin for the past 14 years and I can tell you that you do not want to rent a car and leave your luggage in it while you shop or go to the beach--even if it's locked in the trunk. St. Martin is notorious for people breaking into cars for the luggage, particularly at the beaches. Your best bet is to go to the airport and check in your luggage and then go somewhere and spend the day. Depending on what airline you are on, most will let you check in early, even if your flight is not until the afternoon. Spending the day in Marigot on the French side is always fun. Best beaches: Baie Rouge on the French side, Cupecoy on the Dutch side. If you can find a place to stow your luggage, Pelican Beach (at Pelican Resort Club) is close to the airport so would be a fairly inexpensive cab ride, plus they have restaurants on site. Hope that helps. Kathy

Archived