Escape Balcony Guarantee Huge Price Drop

purpletequila

These promos are pretty expensive.

I paid $999 for a BX for a November cruise back in March.

Same category albeit with promos excluded is now $599.

There are tons of balconies still available. I've had my eye on a mid-ship since despite all of the availability, I was planted 5 or 6 cabins from the most forward cabin. I called. They won't move me.

Question.

Since I paid $999 and prices seem to be falling, with mid-ships currently at $1049, should I pay now? I'm worried they might drop below the $999 at which point I wouldn't be able to upgrade right?

Help, please!

What cabin where you assigned? If you are on deck 8 those first 15 balconies are HUGE. I always sailed mid ship and after sailing on one of those huge balconies on Getaway last year, I book the closest one forward on deck 8.

Very friendly agent told me that I have to call my TA. More to come.

My TA was unable to negotiate any perks, but did get me and on board credit of $75. She did tell me that all lower balcony's are sold out, so I may get an upgrade on the room. Still BX Gty.

It's frustrating, the OBC is good and I'm glad she was able to get it, but I would have liked to have had the unlimited drinks. I'm not a big drinker, but at $10-15 for 1, it can add up quickly. I don't think I could ever drink enough to justify the cost of the package. The free at see promotion is not included in the guaranteed room rate. :-(

Oh well, it will still be a good vacation!

NCL doesn't provide OBC for price drops after final payment, all they will do is move you, and if they move you, they do not give you the perks that go with the new cabin, all you get is a different cabin.

I orginally was in a studio cabin...I had seen the significant price drop, and called NCL and told them i wanted to change to the BX Guarantee Balcony Cabin...I was aware of the loss of my UBP and UDP, plus AARP $50 OBC...I lost everything...at that time the BX's were going $899 and single discount... Meanwhile i am sailing Saturday, September 10th and i was getting real frustrated, as i was not given a cabin assignment, but friends that are on the cruise also, had received theirs...So I called up NCL again, the other day, just told them that i wanted to upgrade to a B2 Category.... they did upgrade me complimentary, but being as i was upgraded from a BX...i was not entitled to any of the promos.... but you live and learn.... next time, i will just book a category balcony room that i want...pay the deposit..get my promos....and stay with the category cabin that i have booked.... no more upgrading to different categories for me... But i have to say, that my upgrade to the B2 category, i do have a very nice cabin, in a great location...near to the stairs and elevators...and one deck down is the speciality restaurants, shopping, and waterfront....

i booked BX balcony guarantee today for this sat sept 10 on escape. i am solo and paid $379 for the cabin plus taxes and fees i got zero perks and dont know cabin assignment yet. for the price i paid i am not looking for any goodies but would accept them if offered. living within 45 minutes of the port is my perk.

Wow you got $379 total for a solo balcony cabin. Never heard it that cheap.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

rate is $379 plus taxes and fees so the total is $509.51. and YES that is the lowest price i have ever paid for a 7 night solo balcony cabin. it took awhile on the phone to get this rate as the original one they quoted me was hundreds of dollars higher.

I thought they charge you almost double for a balcony cabin with only one guest ?

Sent from my iPad using Forums

I asked them to waive the single supplement.they put me on hold for awhile and were able to waive the single supplement. they said since i reached the gold level of loyalty they would do it. i think they would have done it for anyone so close to sailing in order to fill the cabin on a new booking.

• 2 weeks later...

If anyone is interested, I spoke with my PCC today and he was willing to give the difference in what was paid vs current rate at 25% obc (so $25 each) or upgrade me from a BE to a BD from deck 12 to 14.

However, after chatting for a bit, we decided I should wait and watch the prices on mid-ship balconies or mini suites since they are currently $1049 and $1199 respectively. He said if either of those dropped to what I paid, $999, then he could do a "comp" and switch me to that category all promos intact.

And so I wait and watch......

P.S and FYI, someone here mentioned the consideration of what the category I was given through the BX process was currently going for vs what I paid. That did come into it. For example, BX is currently $549 but the BE category I was given is $849 or $899 I think so he had to work off the difference between the category assigned, BE and what I paid, not the BX.

Edited by purpletequila

We were able to upgrade to a Spa Balcony after final payment for $248.00. Kept our promo's but now have thermal spa privileges, which would have cost us 398.00 + 18% .

We were happy paying the extra.

First time cruisers who sail the week after you and have been mulling this idea over... Can I ask what category you were originally in? We have a midship mini on deck 13. The only thing holding me back really is that available Spa Balcony's are on Deck 15 and I'm a bit concerned about noise and/or motion. Any thoughts? The Thermal Spa sounds like the perfect perk for our 30th Anniversary.