MAJESTY of the Seas- Formal night

pop5

For anyone that just got off...Were most people dressed for formal night? We were on Majesty this summer and it seemed most just had on regular night dinner clothes. Was wondering since it will be less kids now if it seemed more formal.

We are going on the Enchantment next weekend (basically the same thing as Majesty because it has the same ports). We and another couple are planning on dressing up on formal night. Both ladies are wearing long gowns, and the guys are wearing black suits (no tuxes).

The other two nights we'll be dressing nice (no jeans or t-shirts). Dress for girls, and button down shirt and khakis for guys.

We don't go out to many places at home, where we have a chance to wear long dresses, so we're taking advantage of it! :)

We just got back last Friday from MJ. When we were at the hotel prior to boarding I realized that I left my suit at home. We were planning to dress up & have a photo since it was our anniversary but I screwed that up. I was a little concerned since we usually at least do suit & tie and nice dress for formal night. We went out to the MDR when dinner started and found there to be a wide range and that I would not be out of place with khakis and a short sleeve shirt so we went with that. There were people in shorts, tank tops, and flip flops all the way up to tuxes. I was more or less in the middle. We considered WJ but there were some things on the menu that we wanted to get. I think it is more or less "anything goes" these days, but if you are self conscious like we tend to be then just "regular" dinner clothes will not be out of the ordinary at all.

As long as your clothes are clean and look presentable, you can wear whatever you want. The days of men wearing tuxes on every formal night are long gone.

I usually wear a nice button down shirt and pair of Levi's Dockers pants with a nice pair of shoes.

I am in the middle of the pack, but that is fine with me.