Question about "non-converting twin beds"?

islandclan

Greetings,

We are getting close to sailing on our second cruise to the Mexican Riviera on November 19t on the Sapphire. I was reading my bookin summary and it says we have cabin L308 category BA. The bed configuration says "non-converting twins".

So here is my question...and it sounds kind of dumb...but does non-converting twins mean they will not configure into a Queen bed? Does this mean hubby and I get to sleep in seperate beds for a week?? (Might be OK by me but my DH will be sad?;)) Any experts out their with advice and or opinions?

Thanks!!!

Does this mean hubby and I get to sleep in seperate beds for a week?? (Might be OK by me but my DH will be sad?;))

We just returned from the Coral. I requested online that our beds and those of my parents be made into queens. When we arrived at our rooms, our bed was a queen and my parents were made into twins. The steward had a puzzled look and said that we had requested them that way. You could tell that he didn't want to change them, so my parents said to leave them. They slept great! I wish it had been my cabin. :D

The answer to your question is not to worry. The beds can be made into however you want them.

What princess told me is that because I have 4 in our room that the system won't put the queens because of the bunk beds...but I know that happened w/my cruise on the Monarch and we just had them put a queen bed anyway and we just helped the kids down instead of using the ladder. I'm hoping that happens on the Sapphire.

Some ships have a few cabins that actually do have non-converting twins, but mostly it is a glitch in Princess' computer program (as someone already said).

I did have twin configuaration on the last cruise with my niece, and it seemed more crowed in a BB than the queen bed. One bed is against the wall that backs to the closet, and the other is between the nightstand and the vanity/desk and has sharp corners near the head. Give me a queen anytime!

Archived