Escape - Splash Academy Hours and Show Conflicts

Indiana Cruiser 31

We are scheduled for the Escape on 10/15 and I have questions that nobody can answer when I call NCL. My wife and I have signed up to see After Midnight and Brat Pack for 7pm shows on At Sea days. Apparently the Splash Academy doesn't open until 7pm. Can the kids be dropped off any earlier so that we don't miss the beginning of the shows and/or have trouble getting seats for the shows? Also, at what times do the other shows begin at night typically (comedy, etc)? Are we going to run into the same problems with timing? Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Yes you will have an issue. Club won't open until 7 and then checkin takes 15-30 minutes depending where you are in line (check in process is very inefficient. And for some reasons the person who is the slowest writer on earth has to do it and she is the only one and she has to ask the same questions every time and oops she got distracted bc someone else didn't want to wait).

If you can't tell, this was the one area of frustration for us. Kids can either go to 7 pm show with you (which I don't suggest with these as they are very much adult shows) or you go to the later show.

We had similar issues on the Breakaway with our two kids. My husband would show up 5-10 minutes early to drop off our sons to the kids club and be first online. A lot of times they started checking in the kids a few minutes early. Being cordial and friendly also goes a long way too. At the same time I would be at the theater checked in getting us seats. I was always able to save one for my hubby. He never seemed to miss the beginning of the shows. This might be one solution for you.

I just got off of Escape on the 8/20 sailing. We were scheduled for the 7:00 showing of For the Record. My plan was to wait in line at Splash Academy to drop off my daughter when it opened at 7 and then sprint to the show figuring I'd miss a few minutes. I showed up at Splash at 6:45 with my daughter to wait and it was open - bunch of kids dropped off already. So while I can't say it this happens all the time, I dropped her off at 6:45 and was on time for my show. Happened another night when I just dropped her off at 6:50. So seemed like they're closed, but not closed!

My experience for what it's worth.

• 5 months later...
Yes you will have an issue. Club won't open until 7 and then checkin takes 15-30 minutes depending where you are in line (check in process is very inefficient. And for some reasons the person who is the slowest writer on earth has to do it and she is the only one and she has to ask the same questions every time and oops she got distracted bc someone else didn't want to wait). If you can't tell, this was the one area of frustration for us. Kids can either go to 7 pm show with you (which I don't suggest with these as they are very much adult shows) or you go to the later show.

Are there any shows that are appropriate for a 7 year old?

Edited by disneygirl10