Valor Texting ?

DanBoy

Ok.. Last year I was on the Sunshine 8 days and they offered a discount for the week for wifi. Can't remember exactly what it was

I am familiar with 5 per day for social package which is fine for me

Last year I think I had a discount of 25 for the week or maybe 60 for the week (8 nights!) which including internet, email.

2 prong question

1. this is a 5 night cruise. is it 16.00 per day or do they offer a discount for the 5 nights on the Valor. I saw somewhere that some of the ships price differently (Pride?)

2. Can't remember if you can TEXT. Would like to know that....

Thanks

Valor has the HUB app so you can choose that instead of a wifi package - the app is free and free to use while onboard for everything it does except chat - you can add chat for 5 dollars per cruise and each phone you want to chat with will have to have.

But if you would rather do the 5 dollar a day wifi package, you can both download WhatsApp and chat with each other through that. There is a break for buying it for the whole cruise but you'd have to check with them for that price. It depends on cruise length and I haven't been on a 5 day cruise so no experience.

REad more info about levels of service here: Carnival WiFi and HUB app

Whichever you choose, make sure you and your friend download the apps you need before going on the cruise. Enjoy!

The validity of these answers might depend on if the threadstarter's friend intends to message someone on the ship or someone not on the ship (as far as I see, that is not determined in the threadstarter's posts)

Edited by lizardhowson

The validity of these answers might depend on if the threadstarter's friend intends to message someone on the ship or someone not on the ship (as far as I see, that is not determined in the threadstarter's posts)

true but if he is on ship and buys the WiFi social package at 5 bucks a day, it won't matter where friend is as long as friend has his own cell or wifi service. They just both have to have What'sApp since friend doesn't have Facebook.

And if friend is on board too, they can either use HUB or social media package.

true but if he is on ship and buys the WiFi social package at 5 bucks a day, it won't matter where friend is as long as friend has his own cell or wifi service. They just both have to have What'sApp since friend doesn't have Facebook.

I agree this is feasible.

And if friend is on board too, they can either use HUB or social media package.

Right... I should have said the friend wanted to text off the ship.. Thanks

If one phone has hub chat and another phone has wifi service, can they chat with each other?

Forgive me if I misunderstood the question but in order to use chat for the HUB app both phones must be on the ship. Neither phone has to buy any WiFi package on board. Each phone can activate the chat function by paying a one-time fee of 5 dollars for the whole cruise.

HUB chat does not "talk" to any other apps so it wouldn't matter if second phone had wifi service or not. In order for 2 phones to chat with each other they would both have to either be on board a ship with HUB service (not all ships do yet) OR they would both have to be anywhere they both have wifi or cellular data service and a compatible app to chat with each other.

Edited by originalgeek

Forgive me if I misunderstood the question but in order to use chat for the HUB app both phones must be on the ship. Neither phone has to buy any WiFi package on board. Each phone can activate the chat function by paying a one-time fee of 5 dollars for the whole cruise.

HUB chat does not "talk" to any other apps so it wouldn't matter if second phone had wifi service or not. In order for 2 phones to chat with each other they would both have to either be on board a ship with HUB service (not all ships do yet) OR they would both have to be anywhere they both have wifi or cellular data service and a compatible app to chat with each other.

Thanks