Scooter fitting thru door of an Owners Suite on RCCL ?

berylde

Was told by Special Needs Dept. of RCCL, that OS's doors were larger than a regulaar cabin. Measures 34x35. And a regular Scooter will fit thru door.

Can anyone confirm this?

With all do respect you asked a similar question back late August. Being that you posted a question a few days ago inquiring as to rental cost than it's safe to safe that you plan on renting.

Non-accessible OS doorways are larger than an other categories but the measurement of 34"x35" makes no sense. The largest doors are Accessible cabins which are 32' wide. A standard OS is wider than 23" but not certain it's any wider than 32".

Scooters are rented based on weight capacity of the scooter vs. the end user, if that number is less than 300 lbs. you will not be getting what you refer to as a "Regular Scooter". Both Carevacations and SpecialNeedsatSeas will assign you a Travel/Portable size Pride GoGo Elite Traveler or Pride GoGo Sport both of which will fit through any standard doorway cabin on an RCCL ship including an OS cabin. However you might have to adjust the arm rests width.

Both companies are very knowledgeable about what scooters will fit through which cabin door on all the ships they service. If you require a Full Size or a Bariatric size scooter than both companies will know if it can fit through a non-accessible RCOS cabin door. If it doesn't neither company will rent it to you. As I recommended before just call both companies as they will assist you with all you questions.

We booked a GS for next April before we went on our cruise this past April. It will be our first time in a suite. We went up to the room to see how wide the door was and could tell that it is quite a bit wider than a regular cabin door. Since I use an electric wheelchair on the ship we wanted to make sure it would work. Hope it works for you

Have a great cruise!

....................Non-accessible OS doorways are larger than an other categories but the measurement of 34"x35" makes no sense. ................

I can't speak for RCCL, my closest experience to them is Celebrity. Their RS and CS suites have doors that equal the width of a HC cabin, all they lack is the automated opening. Generally, a butler will race over to do that job if he/she is hanging around.

But perhaps The RCCL OS suites are the same as other lines' cream of the crop suites - they have double doors, so one @ 34" and one @ 35"? It's certainly the case for Cunard Q1 and Q2 and I believe also true for Celebrity PS. I found it marginally more hassle to wait while my DW unbolted the second door to get my wheelchair through without disassembly, unless of course, the aforementioned butler was lurking to save her the job.

A half decent travel agent will be able to find out exact measurements and also the height of any step in the bathroom. It's a very broad generalisation but I find that mini-suites have standard width doors, standard suites are oversized and top-dog suites are double doors. Unfortunately, I've not been able to finance my extensive research to confirm this observation as universal.

Edited by Chunky2219
typo