Man overboard: Ecstasy worst wake up ever!

ladygal4.4

I was on that ship. Believe me, waking up to the emergency announcement MAN OVERBOARD was the worst wake up of my life. We jumped out of bed, and raced out to the balcony. Eventually the ship slowed down, and a rescue boat was lowered and began searching for the lady.

It seemed that a beacon of sorts was thrown over at the approximate spot of the jump. That was where we circled for most of the morning.

I was told later that people on the lower decks could hear the hysterics and crying of the family members who had witnessed the jump.

After 2.5 hours, we finally went to bed, and tried to get some sleep. When we woke up in the morning, we saw the helicopter circling through the air.

My husband was going to do the "Behind the Scenes tour" and they allowed him to cancel it since they couldn't go to the Bridge with the events going on. Actually, half of the people cancelled it too. The ones who remained to do the tour, got a 50% discount since they could only do half of it.

I will say that the Captain and Benjamin (cruise director) did an amazing job making announcements and keeping everyone informed throughout the night and morning. And even though we didn't hardly move for the 8'ish hours, the captain was able to get the Ecstasy back to the port in time.

I've been there, and I agree it isn't fun. On Allure we had a man overboard who was not able to be recovered. What actually woke us up was the ship stopping very abruptly just as we were a few miles out from Cozumel. They required everyone to go to their muster stations to have a head-count conducted. Had a scare again on Glory upon docking in Nassau. Everyone was put on cabin lockdown due to missing passengers (suspected overboard) but they were located in maybe 15-20minutes. It was a 2-night cruise, so not unusual for things to happen on those.

Either way, it's a pretty chilling event and not fun to be a part of.