Changing cruise/air

LindaA1

We are going on a Disney Cruise over Christmas. I've decided that we probably should fly in one day early because of possible delays from the winter weather. Disney and Orbitz told me that we are on a wait list. Should I cancel cruise/air and do my own and still pay Disney for our transfers. I would appreciate any suggestions!!!!!

:confused: I purchased the air through disney and cruise through Orbitz. Disney said I had up until 30 days with no penalties if I wanted to do my own airfare??

I am confused. Please clarify. You booked air through Disney, cruise through Orbitz and they are both telling you you are on a "wait list". Is your cruise confirmed or not? I know nothing about Disney cruises, but would definitely be speaking to Disney again about the air to make sure you will not incur penalities if you cancel the air. Then start looking for air. You are probably out of luck for any real bargains, as most Christmas air is already booked. But you should be able to find the date you want without much problem.

Yes, I'm confirmed and paid in full with Disney. I did however book the cruise through Orbitz. I had them include the airfare which Disney provides and with all transfers. But when I talked to Orbitz they acted a little unsure. So that is when I called Disney and they said I was on a waitlist. I know this is confusing!!!!!!!

Am I reading this correctly - you purchased your Disney cruise through Orbitz and selected the optional cruise air?

Can't say about Disney, but other cruise lines offer cruise air. It is generally the cheapest bulk fares they can negotiate, and you get what they give you. If you want to choose your flights, you have to purchase 'custom air' or whatever your line calls it. Generally there will be a fee, but you do get to pick your flights.

It sounds like there is a waitlist for cruise air the day before for their flights, for good reason, many people like to fly the day ahead. If you can cancel the air portion without penalty and book your own affordably, I would do it. I would maybe keep the transfers to the ship from the hotel, if you can, but find my own way to the hotel from the airport. I found their transfers from the airport to hotel slow going and would have rather just secured my own taxi or shuttle.

If you're staying at a Disney property, you will need no transportation around the parks. We were there only 3 days and it was not enough time at all, we would love to return one day with a minimum of a weeks' stay. If there is any way you can book your flights 2 days in advance, you will not regret it a bit.

Yes, Thank you for your feedback. We are on a waitlist because they are searching for air because everyone is wanting to fly in the day before and it is a holiday! Flights are booking fast and are pricey! I would keep transfers and we are just going to stay at the Hyatt at the airport which would make it very practical and stress free! I'm going to call orbitz and Disney today to see if any thing has come up. I just do not want to wait to long until everything is sold out. You can'y tell that I'm new at all of this(LOL).

I'm not sure what air through Disney is costing, but can't you just get air on your own. That way you can select the flights, go down a day early, and not have to be put on a waiting list. Do a search for airfare for the dates you want to travel, and if it's economically feasible, cancel the air portion of your cruise and get air on your own.

Archived