Altalntis Allure of the Seas - January 2017 - Roll Call

aquaboy007

• 3 weeks later...

This will be our 6th with Atlantis, but our first on one of the mega ships. I wasn't crazy about the itinerary, but wanted to try the larger ship for a change. We are not fully into the party scene so looking forward to what the rest of the ship has to offer. We are both in our early 50's, been together for 31 years. Looking forward to meeting others!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hi davela2,

Atlantis must be doing something right if your back for the 6th trip starting to feel like a right newbie now. I'm not sure how much partying I will be able to sunstain over the cruise but difinitely getting on the climbing wall and wave simulator.

Summer is disappearing day by day now so looking forward more and more for the sun!

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Melbourne, Australian guy here. I can't wait to explore this mega ship in January. Splurging on a balcony cabin and forth time sharing with my cruise mate who I first met on the singles cabin share program. For any other Aussies or friends of there will be a party to celebrate Australia day on the cruise.

https://www.facebook.com/events/325020211164055/

• 2 weeks later...

Partner and I will be onboard (both early and mid-50's and together 16 years). I'm losing track of the number of Atlantis cruises for us, but I think this one will be 17. Second time on Allure (we did the first Atlantis sailing on Allure and loved the ship). Just got hit yesterday with the final payment - so now it's beginning to feel like a vacation is coming up!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Hi @joey821 it's getting close now!

I think I'm on deck 9 about midship I think. I wish we had the log in details so can start seeing programs and excursion on offer, but then that's probably a good thing not to have as no work would get done between now and jumping on the plane

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Your from London UK? If so that's my favorite city in the world, Looking forward to the trip and more info from Atlantis. I am sure you will have a great time. I was on the sister ship The Oasis and the ship is really out there like no ship I have ever been on before.Everything is fun and Atlantis will make it that much better. Hope our paths will cross. Labadee is very relaxing but I believe there are a lot more attractions there since my last visit. Welcome Aboard Atlantis

• 3 weeks later...

Would anyone be interested in sharing a charter plane to Chichen Itza? The Royal Caribbean excursion is almost a 2 1/2 hour bus ride + 45 minute ferry ride each way for only about an hour on site. That's way too long. We would like to charter a plane, and can take four additional guys with us. It would only be a 45 minute flight then we would have about a two hour time period at the ruins, and beat all the other tour crowds. It includes a stop to swim or explore at Cenote. We would be back to ship around 2:30. I would have to have a commitment as they require a deposit. Contact me if interested, need to know ASAP. See details:

Cessna 207: 6 persons: $1750.00 USD ($292/person)

Plus Airport Tax: $25.00 per person (collected in cash at departure)

INCLUDES

Private Flight Round-trip

Ground Transportation to/from ship to Chichen Itza

Side trip to cenote

Entrance Fee and Private Guide at Chichen Itza

Entrance fee at Cenote

Mexican Lunch

Water on board

https://www.tripadvisor.com/Attraction_Review-g150809-d8747110-Reviews-Fly_Cozumel-Cozumel_Yucatan_Peninsula.html?m=19904

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

@JamieB21 Australia Day celebration sounds good but link doesn't seem to be working.

Here is the details:

Thursday, January 26 at 2:30 PM - 4 PM

Wipeout Bar - Deck 16

“Australians All Let Us Rejoice For We Are Young and Free

We’ve Golden Soil And Wealth For Toil Our Home Is Girt By Sea”

For those of us from the southern hemisphere who will be on the cruise from the Wide Brown Land, our National Day, Australia Day, falls on a sea day for us this year!

So as a gregarious Aussie (there are so few of us), I’d like to propose that all of us Australians (and permanent residents) meet on Australia Day at The Wipeout Bar on Deck 16 (near the fake surf, closest thing to Surfers Paradise / Bondi / Bells / Moana / Swanbourne) to enjoy drinks and celebrate our national day together.

Admission will require you wearing a piece of Australian paraphernalia (Wallabies Jersey, Australian Flag Cape, NRL / AFL team shirt) or having a Southern Cross Tattoo (which the rest of us will judge you for having one and ask you how you enjoy living in Redcliffe / Cronulla / Frankston / Elizabeth / Rockingham)

I’m suggesting meet at 2:30 (an hour pre the T dance that day) for a catchup and meet and greet.

Sadly there will be no Cane Toad Races as there are a lack of Cane Toads on ships ….

• 3 weeks later...