CP Internet

coold8

I am going on the Carib Princess on Saturday, and was wondering how their internet works. I understand that they sell it per minute, in bulks of 30 minutes, and ..... . I need probably close to 3 hours of internet, and was wondering how much it would cost me. Thanks.

-Dave

You can only buy 30 minute lots for wireless internet on your own laptop. Everything else is purchased by the minute and charged to your room. I think it was .35 a minute. The connections can be very slow depending on where you are. Hope that helps.

You can't count on having any internet available on the ship. On the 9/23 Island service when available for was very poor and even when in port mostly not available. Many of the 15 days of the cruise there was NO internet at all. No one could tell us why either. The crew was also without their internet service for most of the trip. We had taken this same itinerary a number of times and NEVER had that kind of problem.

On our March Panama Canal trip on the Regal the wind damaged the satellite receiver and there was no internet access for passengers and crew for several days. When we saw the ship sailing out for the cruise after ours it still had not been fixed so I don't know how long the ship was without any internet service.

We just returned yesterday from the Caribbean Princess eastern itinerary and had no problems with the Internet Cafe. It was 35 cents a minute. Two very helpful tips I learned through this board: first, set up a Hotmail or similar freebie email address and only give it to the people who you really need to hear from during the week - in our case, it was my parents who were staying with our 12- and 4-year-old sons. That way, we didn't get all the various extraneous emails. The other tip was when you sit down at a computer, you can go to www.princess.com for free, so do that first and see if it connects fairly quickly. If it does, and it usually did for us, then you swipe your cruise card and it starts charging. We checked our email at least once a day and it was usually no more than 3-4 minutes worth. Occasionally, a computer would be jammed up on something; we figured it was kids trying to download games etc. Be sure and check all the various written informtion that will be in your cabin - we had two small coupon books (about the size of a checkbook) and one of the coupons was good for $5 off at least $10 of internet usage. We turned that coupon in on Friday and it was credited to our account. Our cruise was wonderful; hope yours is too. Kellie in Texas

Archived