Disgraceful

Dream 13/10/2016 16 night Transatlantic from Gatwick £1020

Dream 13/10/2016 16 night Transatlantic from Glasgow £1402

Discovery 29/10 2016 15 night Transatlantic from Gatwick £810

This cruise was never available from any Scottish airports, only from Manchester, Birmingham and Gatwick.

Scotland and the north of England only had one choice of Transatlantic cruise and the price has always been around £300 / £400 more than the Gatwick departure.

Absolutely disgraceful the way Thomson treat their loyal customers travelling from the north.

Well said Nancy, it's not just on cruises, it's on most holidays, we scots always pay more, and it's nothing to do with airport taxes, that's what they try to make out, maybe one day prices will become even

Strangley on four out of five of this years cruises done so far Glasgow has been the cheapest north of London, it would have been all five but left it too late and had to go down to EM

"This cruise was never available from any Scottish airports, only from Manchester, Birmingham and Gatwick.

Scotland and the north of England only had one choice of Transatlantic cruise and the price has always been around £300 / £400 more than the Gatwick departure."

But have Thomson airways actually got an existing regular flight schedule from any scottish airports that cover the dates you give ???????

Not only cruises either. A self catering holiday to Corfu was nearly half of the price from Gatwick than Newcastle. Plus 5 or 6 flights from Gatwick to choose from. The Thomson flight must have sold out because they are now quoting Jet2 and Thomas Cook flights for the same apartment.

I remember mentioning on here an interesting situation with flights from Newcastle. There were no cabins available from Newcastle but plenty from Gatwick. However if you wanted a deluxe you could fly from Newcastle. I put it down to Thomson HQ social engineering. They did not want any more council house geordies but if you lived in Darras Hall then OK :D

"This cruise was never available from any Scottish airports, only from Manchester, Birmingham and Gatwick.

Scotland and the north of England only had one choice of Transatlantic cruise and the price has always been around £300 / £400 more than the Gatwick departure."

But have Thomson airways actually got an existing regular flight schedule from any scottish airports that cover the dates you give ???????

We have cruised with Thomson for over 20 years and have been on five Transatlantic cruises on the Destiny and the Dream and always flying from Glasgow. There was always a supplement of between £50 / £70 for the Glasgow flight which isn't a problem. The past couple of years the flights from regional airports for these cruises has been cut leaving little choice for passengers travelling from the north.

Because unlike Manchester, Birmingham and Gatwick, we don't have the choice of two Thomson ships on the Transatlantic voyages ,the prices are much higher. We are not averse to travelling down to Gatwick but when you add the cost of the flights, supplement for baggage, hotel overnight on outward and inward journey, meals etc. the amount saved is hardly worth the inconvenience.

The fact that the prices are so cheap from Gatwick is because they do not sell well due to lots of competition from other lines departing from the south. Perhaps Thomson should think about having only one ship from the south on the Transatlantic crossings and making the other one available to people travelling from the north with more choice and fairer pricing.

I remember mentioning on here an interesting situation with flights from Newcastle. There were no cabins available from Newcastle but plenty from Gatwick. However if you wanted a deluxe you could fly from Newcastle. I put it down to Thomson HQ social engineering. They did not want any more council house geordies but if you lived in Darras Hall then OK :D

Remember it well Dave

There is no flight schedule from barbados to scotland in november (starts in december) but loads from gatwick, to cover that t/a cruise they would have to get a slot from the airport (you cant just come and go as you please), fly an empty plane out to barbados,and hope that they could get enough passengers from scotland to fill it coming back.

I know where you are coming from but if it was a profitable venture they would be doing it.

Scotland is where we choose to live so we just have to work round it, we cant have the best of both worlds.

There is no flight schedule from barbados to scotland in november (starts in december) but loads from gatwick, to cover that t/a cruise they would have to get a slot from the airport (you cant just come and go as you please), fly an empty plane out to barbados,and hope that they could get enough passengers from scotland to fill it coming back.

I know where you are coming from but if it was a profitable venture they would be doing it.

Scotland is where we choose to live so we just have to work round it, we cant have the best of both worlds.

I have enough family and friends from Lewis to Cumbria and everywhere in between who would almost fill a plane from Glasgow or Edinburgh or even Prestwick to Barbados in November if there was one available. Be nice to have the choice.

We have cruised with Thomson for over 20 years and have been on five Transatlantic cruises on the Destiny and the Dream and always flying from Glasgow. There was always a supplement of between £50 / £70 for the Glasgow flight which isn't a problem. The past couple of years the flights from regional airports for these cruises has been cut leaving little choice for passengers travelling from the north.

Because unlike Manchester, Birmingham and Gatwick, we don't have the choice of two Thomson ships on the Transatlantic voyages ,the prices are much higher. We are not averse to travelling down to Gatwick but when you add the cost of the flights, supplement for baggage, hotel overnight on outward and inward journey, meals etc. the amount saved is hardly worth the inconvenience.

The fact that the prices are so cheap from Gatwick is because they do not sell well due to lots of competition from other lines departing from the south. Perhaps Thomson should think about having only one ship from the south on the Transatlantic crossings and making the other one available to people travelling from the north with more choice and fairer pricing.

Well said, Nancy.

Just wait until Queen Nicola gets the air passenger duty scrapped for north of Hadrian's Wall - they'll be queuing up to offer flights from GLA and EDI !!!

:D

If we all live long enough LOL

Think they said they was going to start off by halving it by 2021 , what i dont understand is they claim it will bring a massive boost to the economy, so why are they not scrapping it totally right now ???????

Glasgow, Edinburgh, Prestwick, Aberdeen, Dundee, Inverness !!! :D:D

We've only ever flown from EDI and GLA - Dundee is basically an airstrip, doubt if Inverness is much more either ?

I was a wee laddie when I first flew from Edinburgh, it was still an RAF station and was called Turnhouse - there was a dump alongside the runway full of junked Luftwaffe airframes from WW2 !!!

We've only ever flown from EDI and GLA - Dundee is basically an airstrip, doubt if Inverness is much more either ?

I was a wee laddie when I first flew from Edinburgh, it was still an RAF station and was called Turnhouse - there was a dump alongside the runway full of junked Luftwaffe airframes from WW2 !!!

Turnhouse and Renfrew...........giving our ages away....hahaha !!!