Corkage fee.

NCP

Thank you! That was fast!

Does it matter whether we bring a bottle of wine on embarkation day or at any port?

I've heard mixed reports on this. I've only ever taken wine onboard at embarkation. Reports on this forum suggest that some have been able to do so at ports of call, but others have said they couldn't.

That limit applies on other lines I believe. To my knowledge it has never been limited on NCL. Certainly not in the past 5 years or so.

In reviewing NCLs current policy it appears there is no limit so therefore you are correct. However the corkage fee only applies to consumption of the wine in restaurant. That leads me to believe that you can bring unlimited bottles if you drink it in your room. Please confirm all that I just stated.

In reviewing NCLs current policy it appears there is no limit so therefore you are correct. However the corkage fee only applies to consumption of the wine in restaurant. That leads me to believe that you can bring unlimited bottles if you drink it in your room. Please confirm all that I just stated.

The corkage fee is paid on embarkation. They have no idea where you will be consuming it at that point.

It is payable on all bottles bought onboard, wherever you drink it.

The corkage fee is paid on embarkation. They have no idea where you will be consuming it at that point.

I have always been under that impression as well. However, if you read the current FAQs the fee is for wine consumed in restaurants only. Therefore, slightly confusing. No need to reply.

Correct

Incorrect, could you please quote this information and where you've found it?

Thanks

I have always been under that impression as well. However, if you read the current FAQs the fee is for wine consumed in restaurants only. Therefore, slightly confusing. No need to reply.

Direct quote from NCL's FAQ:

"Guests may bring bottles of wine and champagne on board. When bottles are brought on board and served or consumed in any restaurant, public room area or in their stateroom, a corkage fee will be charged according to bottle sizes noted below."

https://www.ncl.com/faq#can-i-bring-alcohol-board

This is what the UK FAQ's say:

Can I still bring wine on board?

Yes, guests may bring sealed bottles of wine on board for personal consumption. They will be checked prior to embarkation and a corkage fee applied at that time of $15.00 USD for a 750 ml Bottle or $30.00 USD for a 1,500 ml Magnum bottle. Box wines are not allowed on board. If guests do not wish to pay the corkage fee, the wine will be held onboard and returned to the guests at the end of the cruise.

Seems fairly clear.

The US ones also seem quite clear:

Wine & Champagne Policy

Guests may bring bottles of wine and champagne on board. When bottles are brought on board and served or consumed in any restaurant, public room area or in their stateroom, a corkage fee will be charged according to bottle sizes noted below.

This is what the UK FAQ's say:

Can I still bring wine on board?

Yes, guests may bring sealed bottles of wine on board for personal consumption. They will be checked prior to embarkation and a corkage fee applied at that time of $15.00 USD for a 750 ml Bottle or $30.00 USD for a 1,500 ml Magnum bottle. Box wines are not allowed on board. If guests do not wish to pay the corkage fee, the wine will be held onboard and returned to the guests at the end of the cruise.

Seems fairly clear.

Disregard, next time I'll read the entire sentence and not stop when I want to... my bad

Quick question, do the bottles have to be in your carry on luggage or can you report it upon checkin and put it in your checked in luggage ?

If you put it in your checked luggage, you will need to go to a "naughty room" to present the bottles and retrieve your luggage - you can't do that in advance (and especially not with the port contractor's check-in staff).

The US ones also seem quite clear:

Wine & Champagne Policy

Guests may bring bottles of wine and champagne on board. When bottles are brought on board and served or consumed in any restaurant, public room area or in their stateroom, a corkage fee will be charged according to bottle sizes noted below.

See my previously reply begging your forgiveness for my not reading the entire sentence. thanks for the clarification.

I just pulled up FAQs and here is what it said about wine:

Wine & Champagne Policy

750 ml Bottle: $15.00 USD

1,500 ml Magnum: $30.00 USD

Wine or champagne sent directly to the ship by travel agents, friends, family, etc. or from another retail source, are subject to the same fees. Box wines are not allowed on board.

https://www.ncl.com/faq#can-i-bring-alcohol-board

NLH, that was already determined during the thread. ;)
I went back and read all the thread, sorry, I guess I wasn't the only one who didn't see it was answered, but thank for pointing me out, I appreciate it your concern.;)

BTW Cole, my name is Nancy.

Edited by NLH Arizona