Cunard Can't Be Bothered to Ring Back

Chunky2219

I've used self-printed, black & white "priority" luggage tags on several voyages.

I've even used "blank" self-printed, black & white luggage tags, where I've had to hand-write in my cabin number with a black "marker" pen, plus deck, the word "Priority" (and added my name and contact 'phone number).

Regardless of the printing method and colour (or lack of), I ensure I securely fasten them to my cases (ie almost impossible to remove!).

My luggage has always:

A. Arrived at the cabin before I have.

B. Very shortly after my arrival.

Not once have my cases arrived late, or caused me to report them as "late/missing".

Regardless of whether I used supplied or self-printed, colour or black & white, luggage tags.

A friend once lost his luggage tags, picked up "blank" ones at the entrance to the Ocean Terminal, filled out the details quickly, attached the labels (tie on), handed over the bags... they arrived at his cabin before he did.

Once or twice over the years I've had a late change of details after the printed booklet (with luggage tags in the back) has been sent out. Not once have I received a second printed booklet (with new luggage tags). My luggage arrived at my cabin "on time" (using self-printed labels) and I am still here to tell the tale.

Have a wonderful, relaxing, fantastic time on board, Bon Voyage :)

Edited by pepperrn

In consideration of your response to my post I suggest you concentrate on the fact that if you book through a travel agent your contract is with them.

Given that you are 5200 (statute) miles away from me, I'm amazed that you are so familiar with local protocol and also a little puzzled that you want to concentrate on the minutiae rather than the substance. Nevertheless, here's the way it is - I received something direct from Cunard, so I contacted them direct. It's not rocket science.

Perhaps they never rang back because they somehow know that I'm through a travel agent when all they had to go on was phone number and no booking reference. That must be it, they're terrific. If that's the case, it's a pity they didn't bother to phone back to tell me to contact the TA though. In fact, service commensurate with the price of the product would have had them getting the TA to contact me. Even when I got through, they never mentioned the TA. Funny that. :confused: But I digress.......

The title of the thread was very clear and the issue remains the same. All the rest is window dressing and meanderings. Do you have any comment from your distant perch on whether I ought to be happy with no response?

As an aside, I have a great respect for Peppern as a very generous contributor to this forum. In this case let me respectfully report that we have indeed fallen foul of the print-your-own labels routine, albeit not with Cunard. On the occasion in question, the items were also damaged between check in and cabin so clearly we had an extreme case. But it does leave an instinct for future caution and I won't be risking a repeat. Things work fine until they don't. May I also re-iterate that this was no late change after receiving a first booklet, as has been your experience.

Edited by Chunky2219
fat fingered typo and an afterthought

... As an aside, I have a great respect for Peppern as a very generous contributor to this forum. In this case let me respectfully report that we have indeed fallen foul of the print-your-own labels routine, albeit not with Cunard. On the occasion in question, the items were also damaged between check in and cabin so clearly we had an extreme case. But it does leave an instinct for future caution and I won't be risking a repeat. Things work fine until they don't. May I also re-iterate that this was no late change after receiving a first booklet, as has been your experience.
Thank you Chunky2219 for your very kind comment :o .

I now quite understand your caution, and extensive efforts to avoid a repetition of your previous experience.

Having read of these past problems, I now more fully appreciate your situation; I did not intend to make light of your enquires, merely to pass on a little reassurance that, in my personal experience, things have always worked out, well for me at least.

Can I again wish you the very best of good luck with your luggage tags. And also that, once on board, all these issues will vanish and that you'll have the most marvellous time :)

Very best wishes Chunky2219

We always print our own labels, put them in plastic holders and affix to our luggage. Never lost a case yet. Never heard of priority luggage labels. Heard of priority embarkation for passengers but never for luggage. How does that work and how do you arrange it?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

You don't need to arrange it, priority luggage delivery is part of the QG perks. Ordinary luggage delivery is pretty speedy so it's not worth getting too excited about.
Not just the Grills I believe Host Hattie.

I've received "priority" luggage labels since I reached Platinum Grade, and this has continued with Diamond Grade.

I've yet to travel in any grade other than Britannia.

I have to agree with you, normal luggage delivery is pretty speedy, at least that has been my experience.

Keep up the great work you do as Host for this board, much appreciated :)

Edited by pepperrn

It's worth noting that luggage will not be lost: it will be on the ship somewhere, just not in the cabin. Usually if cases don't turn up the quickest solution is to look in the reception area or somewhere on your deck.

And we have certainly had to do that more than once when using self printed labels.

David.

You don't need to arrange it, priority luggage delivery is part of the QG perks. Ordinary luggage delivery is pretty speedy so it's not worth getting too excited about.

Ah didn't realise OP had upgraded to QG. My luggage has always got to my cabins promptly anyway.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD