Haven adults only?

karinski

No it's not adults only. Yes, kids are allowed of course.

Family traveling with you wont really have access to Haven benefits/perks unless they upgrade as well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yes , both families are considering an upgrade. Thank you for your response!!

OP, See what I mean? (read post above) hahahahaha!

Geez- well it is a good thing we don't have bratty kids!! Makes me want to rethink the upgrade. I don't want to be on pins and needles all the time. I also don't want to scold my child for having fun.

Geez- well it is a good thing we don't have bratty kids!! Makes me want to rethink the upgrade. I don't want to be on pins and needles all the time. I also don't want to scold my child for having fun.

Right. Like the poster above who couldn't find the sarcasm and humor in my post, there are other cruisers who seem to think that a kid breathing, walking, or laughing means they are unruly.

Do the upgrade. I'm sure your child will be fine. If someone doesn't like your child having fun, like all kids do, or are afraid that children will be in the Haven, then they are the ones that should move to another location or maybe the Haven isn't right for them. If folks think your child is crossing the line, then they should speak with NCL and if NCL agrees with them, they will let you know, but my guess is that you will have nothing to worry about, because what some call unruly is just normal kids being kids playing or as LrgPizza said, just breathing.

Of course the aren't bratty. No one that posts on this forum has unruly kids. :D

I would just ignore the haters! NCL crew members are so nice to the kids! I've never seen unruly kids in the Haven, kids having fun yes but not unruly. I bring my two young children and if someone has a problem with that, they can take it up with NCL, who clearly markets the Haven for families. But I'm also the annoying person who flies first class with my kids as well lol

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Kids are fine in the Haven, honestly I enjoyed thier pressence (wow that sounded kinda creepy in hindesight).

When we were on the Breakaway there were a couple families that had kids in the Haven, there were also a couple of well seasoned couples/families that obviously had far more money than I could ever dream.

The funny thing is, the kids were well behaved and having fun, and on the other hand some of the grumpy people who felt that their status/age/money had left them rigid and entitled. They would push by with their walkers knocking into people and make comments about how the person they just rammed from behind should have "known" and moved out of the way. (I'm sure those same people came on here to complain about me and my wife not wearing fancy clothes to lunch in the Haven restaurant, or me sitting on a lounger all day on the sun deck, or the fact that the bartender knew "my drink" and would make it for me every time I passed by since we had the UBP and would put it in a "to-go" cup).

This isn't an adults area only, nor an adults only line. Take the kids, but obviously remind them to be considerate of others as they would expect to be of them- as all parents should do no matter WHERE they bring their child(ren).

Don't worry about your kids - the fact that you are worried and considering others means they should be fine.

Right. Like the poster above who couldn't find the sarcasm and humor in my post, there are other cruisers who seem to think that a kid breathing, walking, or laughing means they are unruly.

Bratty adults might be a bigger problem!

Kids are fine in the Haven, honestly I enjoyed thier pressence (wow that sounded kinda creepy in hindesight).

When we were on the Breakaway there were a couple families that had kids in the Haven, there were also a couple of well seasoned couples/families that obviously had far more money than I could ever dream.

The funny thing is, the kids were well behaved and having fun, and on the other hand some of the grumpy people who felt that their status/age/money had left them rigid and entitled. They would push by with their walkers knocking into people and make comments about how the person they just rammed from behind should have "known" and moved out of the way. (I'm sure those same people came on here to complain about me and my wife not wearing fancy clothes to lunch in the Haven restaurant, or me sitting on a lounger all day on the sun deck, or the fact that the bartender knew "my drink" and would make it for me every time I passed by since we had the UBP and would put it in a "to-go" cup).

This isn't an adults area only, nor an adults only line. Take the kids, but obviously remind them to be considerate of others as they would expect to be of them- as all parents should do no matter WHERE they bring their child(ren).

Don't worry about your kids - the fact that you are worried and considering others means they should be fine.

Thank you!

DO take the upgrade. On our NCL cruises we have exclusively sailed in suites. We began when the kids were 5,7 and 7 and the Haven was still the Courtyard.

We have not had a complaint about our kids nor would I expect to. The worst children we were exposed to were a wild bunch from Australia staying in the GV on Jewel. They took over the Courtyard and the staff refused to step in as they were in the "big" suite. This was in 2006.

Ten years of cruises later and the ill-behaved children are non-existant . We have only been annoyed a few times and that was because of drunken adults, barely-glad women teaching the boys anatomy lessons and Mr Jack Weed of many drinks and a big boombox. The boombox didnt last long. I'm a witch.

You are on the Escape. The kiddos are not going to want to hang in the Haven.It will be Waterpark for them and whichever adult is chosen.

The Haven pool is small. If no one else is in it, which happens on out of season cruises, there is no problem with a game of Marco Polo or two. The Haven is for ALL the guests who paid for it.

The " kids are scum and ruin every cruise " mentality found sometimes n CC is ridiculous and tiresome. Have a GREAT time.

I was on a flight with my 3 once when they were 18 months, 2.5 and 2,5. The woman in front of us complained to the flight att. that the baby was kicking her seat. He was in a car seat, he was about 18 pounds ( super preemie) with legs that barely stuck out of the seat.

The flight attne. asked the little guy to stop kicking the lady. :rolleyes:

This was not good enough.

She then turned to me and screamed " YOUR CHILDREN ARE BREATHING TOO LOUD!!".

It was ugly. My older son , the 2 1/2 year old, was not happy. Told me the lady was "telling not trues!" The witch continued, other passengers were staring, my daughter was getting very upset.

She demanded to be moved to first class.

The flight att,. looked at her and said " you are right. A move to first class is in order."

And the 4 of us sat in first class the rest of the 4 hour flight.

Gosh I miss America West!!

If you can afford it, do it! Especially because your friends will do it with you! Be warned that you'll never want to travel outside of the Haven again. We did it last June on the Getaway and it was just an amazing experience. We have kids and everyone was extremely nice. We didn't have any issues with our kids being bratty or anyone else taking issue with them. They loved it. Especially on port days. We did one day where we didn't get off the boat and we had the whole Haven to ourselves.

I think you will be ok. The Haven is a family place and like someone else on here said if an entitled adult has a problem with that then maybe they should move. I have never understood people who have a problem with babies on flights, or kids being kids, playing marco polo or other games, is their cruise too and their vacation. I have more of a problem with adults who have snappish, rude, ill mannered behavior with the staff, expecting things to get done when they want it not caring about the people who are around them. To me, those are the real annoying ones :cool::rolleyes:. As i like to call them " here come the Royals on my cruise " :D:D:D

Do the upgrade. I'm sure your child will be fine. If someone doesn't like your child having fun, like all kids do, or are afraid that children will be in the Haven, then they are the ones that should move to another location or maybe the Haven isn't right for them. If folks think your child is crossing the line, then they should speak with NCL and if NCL agrees with them, they will let you know, but my guess is that you will have nothing to worry about, because what some call unruly is just normal kids being kids playing or as LrgPizza said, just breathing.

Totally agree with your post. Well said. If more people would see the world as the happy place it can be, through the eyes of children, we would all benefit.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Definitely do it if you can. We were in the Haven in April with our 9 year old daughter. There were many other kids in the Haven due to being school vacation but no issues.

The crew will treat the kids like gold. The staff was great with all the kids.

We're deciding on a cruise for next summer and are thinking about the haven breakaway again.,