First time cruising on celebrity Zenith

corte65

Hi, A friend and I are going on a Celebrity cruise on the Zenith for

New Years eve.

Does anyone have any thoughts or advice for us this is our first cruise?

Will there be a big party for New Years eve?

What about bringing alcohol on board with us?

What do beverages cost?

Do they sell wine on board?

We are staying on the Atlantic deck, Conciergie class, any suggestions?

Thanks

We have sailed on Celebrity many times, but not Zenith. We sail on her in Jan, so let us know what you think.

We love Celebrity. Yes, you can bring wine in your carry-on with you. If you drink it in your cabin, your attendant will provide wine bucket and glasses. If you want it served in the dining room you can also do this, but they will charge you a fee, I forget how much. You will get a bottle of champage in your cabin as your in a CC cabin.

Celebity has great service. If you want for anything, just ask. The food has always been very good. Go with the flo and enjoy!

If you want to bring your own wine to drink with dinner label it with your name, your cabin number and your table number. When you decide what you want to drink that night with dinner give the bottle to your cabin steward he he will run it up to the dining room for you. When you get to your table the bottle will be waiting for you. They charge $15 for corkage ($5 of this is the tip for the wine steward).

I suggest putting the wines in a carry on.

In answer to some of your other questions, yes they sell wine on board. They have a decent wine list with prices from around $25 and on up ;) . Don't know drink prices as we only drink wine. And I've never sailed on New Year's but would like to one day.

I have sailed 2x on Zenith and loved her. She's a great smaller ship with a wonderful atmosphere and the best crew. Not, glitzy but quietly elegant and classy. And she is currently getting a spruce up in drydock. I know you will have a great time.

Just got back from Zentih. Here's everything you might want to know about her: http://www.lavasurfer.com/info/bermuda.html

It looks like you're going to Grand Cayman and Key West. Here are reviews of these two locations:

http://www.lavasurfer.com/info/westerncaribbean.html

Note: these are VERY detailed reviews.

Archived