Boarding Time (not Check In, Boarding) in Barcelona

Avril

For those who have sailed from Barcelona, what time did boarding start? Just wondering what Check In time to select because I want to be able to check in then board as soon as possible to spend as much time on the ship as possible. I figure that Embarkation Day counts as Day 1 of my cruise so I want to make the most of it. I know because I'm Platinum, check in time doesn't really matter but I want to choose the time slot that we're most likely going to show up during so Carnival knows how many people to expect at any given time so they can be ready for us. I think that's just common courtesy. We're currently in the 11-11:30am time slot but I was wondering if I should go back into online check in and select an earlier time so we can get checked in and be ready to board as soon as boarding starts. Thanks so much!! :D

We were onboard 11:30 sharp.

Perfect!! :D An 11-11:30 check in time is probably fine then. I want to be one of the 1st onboard but I don't want to get there too early and end up having to sit in the terminal for an hour or more.

We were due on 11-1130. We pretty much breezed on. One thing I waill say is square away your luggage tags at home and once in Barcelona put them on your bags. There was two seperate queues one for people who did not have luggage tags and one for those of us who did. once these people had obtained tags they then had to join the check in line.I just handed in my luggage breezed into the queue waited for about 20 mins and was on board by 11am.

We were due on 11-1130. We pretty much breezed on. One thing I waill say is square away your luggage tags at home and once in Barcelona put them on your bags. There was two seperate queues one for people who did not have luggage tags and one for those of us who did. once these people had obtained tags they then had to join the check in line.I just handed in my luggage breezed into the queue waited for about 20 mins and was on board by 11am.

Excellent, thanks!! :D We'll try to get there as close to 11am as possible then. And we always put our luggage tags on at the hotel before heading to the terminal so no worries there. Interesting though, of all the cruise terminals I've been to (including the Barcelona terminal twice), I've never seen 2 lines like that (one for with tags and one for without). I imagine it does make things go faster for those of us who have our tags on already. :D