Is there a place to buy a 12-pack of Coke at Canada Place?

doctoranna

Perhaps you're coming with a group of 12 and planning to drink it all before boarding and if that's the case, then just disregard my comment. :o:o

However, just to pass along information, Princess no longer allows passengers to bring on drinks of any kind - sodas, water, etc... (I'm not sure about wine as we don't drink it....) but I know that if it were me, I would want someone to tell me this... :)

If not pertinent, then again...just ignore with my apologies

^Actually I believe you're thinking of Carnivals (or NCLs) policy change to ban water, soda etc. There was an erroneous edition of the Princess Cruise Answers Book that indicated they were also banning such things, but it was quickly changed.

No mention on Princess website FAQs of a ban and all threads I can find on CC over the last year consistently indicate that soda remains just fine to bring onto a Princess ship (if the 12 pack is canned it would even be compliant with the Carnival policy).

As of mid-July when NCL stopped allowing soda/water, most articles I read specifically mentioned Princess NOT banning such. Maybe I've missed something that happened in the last two months though...

Thanks everyone. Boarded the Crown Princess yesterday. Bought a 12-pack at Rexall, right outside the Granville St. exit from the Waterfront station. It was on sale for about what I would have paid in the States. Had no trouble at all carrying it and 2 bottles of wine onto the ship.

• 2 weeks later...
Thanks everyone. Boarded the Crown Princess yesterday. Bought a 12-pack at Rexall, right outside the Granville St. exit from the Waterfront station. It was on sale for about what I would have paid in the States. Had no trouble at all carrying it and 2 bottles of wine onto the ship.

Can you buy wine there too?

I did not look, but probably not, as it is a Rexall Drugs, not a government liquor store. We bought our 2 bottles of wine at a discount liquor store just up the road from the Travelodge Vancouver Airport that we stayed in the night before the cruise.

Can you buy wine there too?

Closest booze store is also across the street from Waterfront Station, just a block the other way (turn left as you exit onto Cordova). BC Liquor in the Harbour Centre - NB: that the hours of this particular store are a bit wooly at the moment due to renos, but historically it has been closed Sunday. Next closest is the BC Liquor Signature store up on Alberni & Bute, about a mile round trip on foot from the pier, open 7 days in case you are cruising on a Sunday and can't go to Harbourfront. Map here with both locations, Waterfront Station and Canada Place all marked.

Our cruise left on a Sunday, so we bought the wine the day before. We did find an amusing little family of wines on the shelf in the store (see attachment).

Ah yes, the amusing Lost Inhibitions brand by Church & State (actually a very good local winery). Despite the 100 different labels red, white, & rose are the only products - by all accounts a big marketing success although the initial launch (late March 2015 unsolicited mailings of single bottles with no press package to wine and food journos, high-profile bloggers, wine buyers etc.) caused a flurry of bemusement on twinstabookgram until it became apparent it wasn't just an April Fools gag. Many pics of probably the whole range of labels on their official feed here.