Cruise Complainers

mabo

I truly feel sorry for the people who can't just relax and go with the flow. It's a vacation.....nothing should be getting to you. After all, you could be at home in the cold weather, freezing, while driving to work.....Get my point!:)

caprcorn28,

"Life is 10% what happens to you, and 90% how you react to it." - Charles R. Swindall

That is one of my favoriet quotes of all times!!!!! Chuck Swindall has some great stuff, and if most people would take that quote and make it a part of their lives, they would be much better off.

I am accused of being too positive sometimes. I try to find the good in ANY situation. I am not perfect at this by any means, but I try. I get so frustrated with people who look for the bad in any situation....what a miserable life.

Have a great time & be sure & write a review when you get back :)

A few cruises back, there was a couple (good friends) that went with our group.

We knew they were complainers. She hates everything and he always looked for the negatives.

So we would get up and head to the Lido deck for breakfast and start a pool for what would be their FIRST complaint. It was a lot of fun.

I love that approach!!! See...making something fun out of it!! I am guessing that they are not "invited" on the next cruise!! :)

First of all, I think complaining about complainers is not going with the flow.. What do you care??? If you don't care that you are served cold/undercooked/overcooked food, don't care if it is 98 degrees in your room and the air doesn't work, if it don't bother you that the toilet overflows everytime you flush or that the people in the next cabin blast their TV all night long, if the wait staff spills soup down your back on formal night and doesn't apologize, if your cruise is cancelled but the charge stays on your credit card for 6 weeks so you can't take another vacation, why would some complainers cause you to complain????

NONE of those things have happened to me but they have happened to others. It bugs me when folks slam them for not being thrilled that their hard earned money didn't get them the vacation they deserved.

I agree some folks complain about the littlest things, but hey, maybe that is their bag, maybe it gives them pleasure, maybe that little thing is the MOST important part of their vacation. But I just feel sorry for them, how awful it is to let something petty ruin your fun but it isn't going to ruin mine.

Of course with real complaints and there can be real complaints I hope that I can empathize.

First of all, I think complaining about complainers is not going with the flow.. What do you care??? If you don't care that you are served cold/undercooked/overcooked food, don't care if it is 98 degrees in your room and the air doesn't work, if it don't bother you that the toilet overflows everytime you flush or that the people in the next cabin blast their TV all night long, if the wait staff spills soup down your back on formal night and doesn't apologize, if your cruise is cancelled but the charge stays on your credit card for 6 weeks so you can't take another vacation, why would some complainers cause you to complain????

NONE of those things have happened to me but they have happened to others. It bugs me when folks slam them for not being thrilled that their hard earned money didn't get them the vacation they deserved.

I agree some folks complain about the littlest things, but hey, maybe that is their bag, maybe it gives them pleasure, maybe that little thing is the MOST important part of their vacation. But I just feel sorry for them, how awful it is to let something petty ruin your fun but it isn't going to ruin mine.

Of course with real complaints and there can be real complaints I hope that I can empathize.

I am sorry, but I think that you are missing the point of this entire thread...

You are talking about big things, we're talking about all of the little things that people complain about when life isn't perfect....and I think that this thread has been pretty light hearted.

No, I am not going to let people's petty little complaints ruin my vacation either, but wet blanket comments aren't something you want to listen to when on vacation either...

You are talking about big things, we're talking about all of the little things that people complain about when life isn't perfect....and I think that this thread has been pretty light hearted.

No, I am not going to let people's petty little complaints ruin my vacation either, but wet blanket comments aren't something you want to listen to when on vacation either...

Nobody on this thread is saying people don't have the right to be upset about these things, we just don't want to hear about. I can't help you with your problem, I am not having the same problem just leave me alone and let me enjoy my cruise.

Nobody on this thread is saying people don't have the right to be upset about these things, we just don't want to hear about.

I'm with ya....I have no problems either...don't know why I'm being quoted as such!!

I don't want to hear about if their room is too cold/hot, there's three ice cubes in their drink and not six! etc...

As long as I am ON the cruise I am good to go!!

How long 'til I leave....

I'm sorry, I didn't mean to come across harsh.. It's just that it really is a free world and if folks want to complain about NOTHING, that is their right. It is not my place to tell people what they should consider "nothing". So, if the person sitting next to me is complaining and I can't ask them to be quiet (talking is allowed) my choices are to disappear into my own world, move out of hearing range, or start talking about all my positive experiences.

I happen to love traveling with complaining people. It makes my DH appreciate me even more.

I'm with ya....I have no problems either...don't know why I'm being quoted as such!!

I don't want to hear about if their room is too cold/hot, there's three ice cubes in their drink and not six! etc...

You left out there is a sofa in your room. :rolleyes:

I'm sorry, I didn't mean to come across harsh.. It's just that it really is a free world and if folks want to complain about NOTHING, that is their right. It is not my place to tell people what they should consider "nothing". So, if the person sitting next to me is complaining and I can't ask them to be quiet (talking is allowed) my choices are to disappear into my own world, move out of hearing range, or start talking about all my positive experiences. I happen to love traveling with complaining people. It makes my DH appreciate me even more.

:) True enough -- If you saw further up the thread, I described that I know all too well about complainers and how you can't seem to stop them and how they get some kind of wierd joy out of it...I grew up in a house FULL of them. In the sixteen years since leaving my parents house, it is really hard to be around them cuz of everything being negative ALL the time (i.e. "Sure is a beautiful day!" "Yeah, but did you hear it is going to rain?" ahhhh!!) I just walk away now...:rolleyes:

I was once "criticized" by my mother for being positive.

"Life is 10% what happens to you, and 90% how you react to it." - Charles R. Swindall

:D

I am accused of being too positive sometimes.

Cap..I know exactly how you feel...I could have written what you wrote about your family...mine is similar, and I too have distanced myself...over 500 blessed miles between us!!!!

DH30...Me too. Basically, I don't care. When I look at who is happier, I see that what I do works better.

You can't ever be too positive. :D

Nobody on this thread is saying people don't have the right to be upset about these things, we just don't want to hear about. I can't help you with your problem, I am not having the same problem just leave me alone and let me enjoy my cruise.

You got it Duck!!!!:)

I was actually written up on an annual Job preformance report that I was too Positive a person and that I made Others (the negative Boss) Feel guilty that they were in a BAD mood and I was ALWAYS in a good mood.

I told them to take a blank evaluation and write me up again for the SAME THING next year as there is absolutly no way I can change that about myself. It is not somehting I DO it is Someting I am!

ENJOY life is all too short!

Think of it this way, 20% of cruising forks will complain. So if you have 3000 people on a ship about 600 people will complain. Being valid complaints or not.

It depends on the person what they consider a "valid" complaint. Also if the person has a good out look on life. Also if they can take changes in there lives.

Like my sister has to have everything planned out. If things don't go her way, she will let you know about it. She said she wouldn't like a cruise and I have a feeling she wouldn't. She has already decided that she wouldn't have fun.

Then there is me that can go with the flow.. We took a family cruise with my husband family. We got to Och Rios (sp?) and didn't really care for the island, but still enjoyed it. Then got to Grand Camen and wasn't able to get off the ship due to tenering problems. So we stayed on the ship and never got off. Then as we where getting ready to go to Cozmel and found out they where having problems with the engine and ended up turning around and going back on one engine.

We where given a $100 pre-room credit. We where satified with this. But we still enjoyed the cruise. I found Celebrity didn't have enough places to dance, which we where looking forward to doing. But as I say again we still enjoyed the cruise.

It's all what the person makes of it.

Kim

The ones who really get me are the people who jump on the cruises because they can get 5 days for $429 or whatever ridiculously low fare and then gripe.

They want to be treated as though they were paying $1000 a day. I mean we all do but one can't honestly expect to have $1000 a day lifestyle on $429 a week. If you do , at least shut up about it......

I was actually written up on an annual Job preformance report that I was too Positive a person and that I made Others (the negative Boss) Feel guilty that they were in a BAD mood and I was ALWAYS in a good mood.

I told them to take a blank evaluation and write me up again for the SAME THING next year as there is absolutly no way I can change that about myself. It is not somehting I DO it is Someting I am!

ENJOY life is all too short!

OMG!!! :eek:

This reminds me of my trip to France. I asked for extra ice and got 2 cubes instead of 1. I got what I asked for but not as much as I expected so I got back in line and asked for a full cup of ice only. They were happy to accommodate my request. I learned to fully articulate my requests so they could satisfy what I wanted.

Archived