Cruise Complainers

mabo

In Cozumel, last month, we were behind a group of women shopping at the peir. One of the ladies said very loudly "Well, if they want to sell me something they need to speak English!" My DH had to drag me away, I was ROFLMAO! I mean we were in Mexico, what did she expect?:D

THAT is tooooo funny!!!!

my dh is a complainer at heart so how do I get a week of no complaining...I take him on a cruise. It is the only time that he is content and has only good things to say. That may have something to do with the fact he is not working 14 hour days and our 3 teenagers are at home. I know that makes me feel better.

In Cozumel, last month, we were behind a group of women shopping at the peir. One of the ladies said very loudly "Well, if they want to sell me something they need to speak English!" My DH had to drag me away, I was ROFLMAO! I mean we were in Mexico, what did she expect?:D

This is why Americans have such a bad reputation for being arrogant ethnocentrics. Most of us don't have this attitude, but the ones that do are very loud about it and it makes it difficult for the rest of us to overcome the resulting bad impression.

How dare Mexicans speak their own language in their own country!:rolleyes:

:rolleyes: If nobody wants to listen to the complaints then why do you always read "make sure you give a review" I guess you all need to make sure you place in your request only leave a review if your trip was perfect and nothing went wrong and you won't offend me by writing something that did go wrong because since I don't want to hear about it you shouldn't be able to speak about it because the NON-complainers are the only opinions that count. Just my opinion

I think there is a difference between a review that you make a conscious choice to read - in which you expect to read about both the good and not so good aspects of a cruise - and general unsolicited complaints. What many people find offensive is having to listen to constant complaints from others while they are trying to enjoy themselves on a cruise. I would not want to sit at a dinner table on a cruise and listen to another couple complain ad nauseum about every detail on their cruise. That's simply a drag. Save it for the review, but don't burden other passengers with constant carping about your negative experiences.

Some very good points made here. It does seem as if folks with legit complaints are often flamed on this board. But, thinking about being stuck with at dinner with strangers who do nothing but complain was not something I had thought about. We always sit with folks we know. And I do have complainers in my family. I had an aunt who was embarrassing with her complaints. But hey I know and love her, she is family and it is my responsibility to put up with her.

My general response to complaints is to praise the same issue.. "my cabin is too small". "isn't nice to be so cozy". "the music stinks" "After listening to my kid's terrible music, anything sounds good to me". "These lines are too long" "Well, I'm grateful to have YOUR company". "This food is terrible" I'm so glad I'm not eating my own cooking I didn't even notice".

:D I knew that my comments would get a roll going. But like I said it was MY opinion.

If someone is sitting and doing nothing but complaining then get up a move. Or better yet tell them to shut the duck up.:rolleyes:

People kill me and just think we complain about the way the children act!:eek:

:D I knew that my comments would get a roll going. But like I said it was MY opinion.

If someone is sitting and doing nothing but complaining then get up a move. Or better yet tell them to shut the duck up.:rolleyes:

People kill me and just think we complain about the way the children act!:eek:

No kidding! Adults put kids to shame in the misbehaving category!

What percentage of the cruising spoons complain? :D

Coffee out the nose.:D Now I have coffee spots on my computer screen. Who do I complain to?

Or better yet tell them to shut the duck up.

Duck, what did you say to deserve that?:eek:

Archived