Anthem - Jr. Suite vs. Grand Suite

garnet115

As you can see from my signature line, I have sailed on NCL several times. The suite/haven experience on NCL is exceptional, and when I can afford the splurge, I do. Since I've been on the Breakaway several times, I would like to do something different and if I want to sail out of NY, it pretty much leaves me with Anthem. Based on pricing for the sailing that I am considering (8 night bahamas in Feb 2018), the Grand Suite is only $500 more per person than the Junior Suite. Are the perks that you get in the Sky Class suites really worth $1000 over what I would pay for a Sea Class cabin? Space wise, I think the JS would be fine (although a bigger cabin is always nice to have), so it wouldn't be worth it to me to pay just for the space. On NCL you get all of the haven access/amenities so it is easier to evaluate whether the upgrade is worth it to me at a given price point.

Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated!

Suites have access to the suite lounge and the Coastal Kitchen but Junior suites do not unless you are at a certain loyalty level.

So it could be worth it for the free drinks and the excellent dining in Coastal Kitchen.

JS guests do have access to Coastal Kitchen for dinner only.

Edited by clarea

Suites have access to the suite lounge and the Coastal Kitchen but Junior suites do not unless you are at a certain loyalty level.

So it could be worth it for the free drinks and the excellent dining in Coastal Kitchen.

No free drinks in Coastal Kitchen on Anthem.

You will get free drinks in the Concierge Lounge from 5:00 to 8:30.

You will get free internet for 2 people in Sky Class so that helps make up for the additional $500.

You can eat breakfast, lunch and dinner at the Coastal Kitchen.

I would definitely pay the additional $500 for the Grand Suite!