Excursion Question

Aubreysmom09

We are in a situation where we just booked our DD for our cruise next month due to possibility that my dads shift may change. We want to book a couple excursions. If I book them now, and my dad's shift stays the same will we lose that money if we decide to have her stay home? I know we will lose the cruise money which we don't really care about, but will we be able to remove her from the excursions if we book now, and be refunded her portion?

No, her excursions will be refunded if she is a "no show" and does not sail. However, if I was a child (not sure of her age) and thought I was going to be able to go on a cruise and then get knocked out of it, I would be pretty upset.

She's 6, and is upset she is going because she will miss coaching time really close to her first competition. She knows that this trip was just for us. My parents were suppose to fly from IA to VA to take care of her. They decided to move in with us in August to watch her skate. She has very serious figure skating coaches. They both have to work, so this was very unforeseen. Luckily she travels very often not just with skating which is the entire east coast right now. We have been to Orlando 4 times this year, and skiing a few times. We are going to Bulgaria to see her sister while in college and Japan to see friends. She's not lacking and she knows how lucky she is. I've never been away from her since she was born, and I feel like I can be selfish to spend time with my husband. He was in Iraq my entire pregnancy until she was 10 weeks old, plus other stuff before he retired a couple years back. Plus my parents deserve time with her alone.